Stock market

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
What will happen after the presidential election. Any thoughts on this. Sell before or after or just hold on.

After Dubya left, I got cold feet. Sold out two weeks before the crash. Pure luck.

I've been buying with my 401K all along throughout the last 8 years. Have been wanting to jump back in and just might depending on who wins the nomination. Jumping now could put me ahead of a Bear market. Or it could be a mistake. I still have cold feet based on media speculation.

We still have real estate Ponzi schemes going on for much of the U.S. You can buy houses for 1/3 of the cost (with a few acres) for what some houses sell for in other places. I truly don't think the real estate fiasco is quite over just yet. There is simply too much variance, even within this state.

Too many investors simply still have cold feet. When investor confidence comes back, we're in for a run. It would be good to be ahead of the run.

T Rowe Price has brokers who are a whole lot smarter than I am. Their equity funds are off 1.70% year to date. What does that tell you?

I don't think the market will reset based on the election. The adjustment will be when interest rates rise, or the announcement of such. You see what happens every time the Fed even mentions a rate hike.

Like TT said, drops are buying opportunities.

TennesseeTuxedo":2amypu16 said:
backhoeboogie":2amypu16 said:
T Rowe Price has brokers who are a whole lot smarter than I am. Their equity funds are off 1.70% year to date. What does that tell you?

Use someone else.

They only have a very small portion of my portfolio. I am using several others. Not one of them is accelerating. Some days are better than others.

HDRider I differ. Respectfully. I think this election could make a vast difference in investor confidence. But it all just depends on who gets elected.

backhoeboogie":2kzb325g said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2kzb325g said:
backhoeboogie":2kzb325g said:

Use someone else.

They only have a very small portion of my portfolio. I am using several others. Not one of them is accelerating. Some days are better than others.

HDRider I differ. Respectfully. I think this election could make a vast difference in investor confidence. But it all just depends on who gets elected.
You maybe be right. Maybe we should vote a certain way and create a buying opportunity.

One thing about the market, no one knows what is going to happen from one day to the next.

I think that paper pushers are scammers for the most part. And this country is working against the middle class. The middle class is the credit card of the country, we're getting charged to the max, so how much longer do you think it'll work?
The rich bail the rich out, and the poor lives off the middle class.
It's been said many a time "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" The more I see the more I believe.

True Grit Farms":1v091c5k said:
I think that paper pushers are scammers for the most part. And this country is working against the middle class. The middle class is the credit card of the country, we're getting charged to the max, so how much longer do you think it'll work?
It's been said many a time "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" The more I see the more I believe.
The only difference between rich and poor or the classses some like to talk about is that the successful got off their a$$es and made the best of what was available and didn't depend on others for everything. Quit spending more than you make and you'll improve regardless of being overtaxed (which is BS) or overworked. A majority of the poor are as happy as a pig in shyt and wouldn't have it any other way even given the opportunity.

TexasBred":2drhikow said:
True Grit Farms":2drhikow said:
The only difference between rich and poor or the classses some like to talk about is that the successful got off their a$$es and made the best of what was available and didn't depend on others for everything. Quit spending more than you make and you'll improve regardless of being overtaxed (which is BS) or overworked. A majority of the poor are as happy as a pig in shyt and wouldn't have it any other way even given the opportunity.

Overtaxed is a real problem in this country. Any government mandate is a tax IMO. Just a few of the taxes that I see as unfair are, cell phone, cable - satellite television, and no fault insurance. I'm alot happier now that I don't have to work. So it only makes sense that someone that collects a check for doing nothing is happy. But why are they so mad at us for giving them food and a place to live? Oh yeah cell phones , free phones can't forget them.

True Grit Farms":2xuhbum4 said:
TexasBred":2xuhbum4 said:
True Grit Farms":2xuhbum4 said:

Overtaxed is a real problem in this country. Any government mandate is a tax IMO. Just a few of the taxes that I see as unfair are, cell phone, cable - satellite television, and no fault insurance. I'm alot happier now that I don't have to work. So it only makes sense that someone that collects a check for doing nothing is happy. But why are they so mad at us for giving them food and a place to live? Oh yeah cell phones , free phones can't forget them.
YOu steal it all back through the illegal deductions you admi that you charge off and just haven't been caught doing yet. Quit your bytching.

Sometimes you act like Richard and sometimes you act like Dick, I wish you'd make your mind up. But one thing is for sure, I don't "get it all back" which I'm good with most of the time. It hurts seeing tax dollars wasted, because a lot of us worked hard for that tax money.

i guarantee a sell off if it looks like Trump can win. the big money is very much pro-clinton. right now, the electoral college predictions are 209/154 with 175 tossups according to realclearpolitics.com.

if you're invested long term, it won't matter. but if you're looking for an entry/exit, i'd keep how you think the election is going as one of your indicators.

SJB":2ll7obdr said:
i guarantee a sell off if it looks like Trump can win. the big money is very much pro-clinton. right now, the electoral college predictions are 209/154 with 175 tossups according to realclearpolitics.com.

if you're invested long term, it won't matter. but if you're looking for an entry/exit, i'd keep how you think the election is going as one of your indicators.

It is very difficult to "time" the market. Some do it with success. I'm pretty poor at it.

I've done well in the market lately but a lot of my other income depends on certainty and election years always breed uncertainty. I think if Trump is elected there will be more uncertainty but if Hillary is elected there will be less because it will be business as usual for those who control things. I think Hillary will be elected if she doesn't overdose on quaaludes first.

True Grit Farms":1rdx1rwa said:
Sometimes you act like Richard and sometimes you act like Dick, I wish you'd make your mind up. But one thing is for sure, I don't "get it all back" which I'm good with most of the time. It hurts seeing tax dollars wasted, because a lot of us worked hard for that tax money.

I wish you all could see it from my end. Unfortunately, wasted tax dollars are an everyday thing in the medical world. I could on and on about all the times people bring their kids in for runny noses, coughs that are not present when examined, etc. It's disgusting how there's a segment of society that seems to think the doctor's office is entertainment.

Bestoutwest":3ihtkahq said:
True Grit Farms":3ihtkahq said:

I wish you all could see it from my end. Unfortunately, wasted tax dollars are an everyday thing in the medical world. I could on and on about all the times people bring their kids in for runny noses, coughs that are not present when examined, etc. It's disgusting how there's a segment of society that seems to think the doctor's office is entertainment.

See there we agree on something else. :D