Stihl chain.

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
So I bought my self a really good echo saw recently. Love that saw.

My Stihl dealer is the closest store. I just bought a replacement chain there recently. So now I have a echo saw with a compatible Stihl chain. Anyone ever done this before? Good or bad idea?

My Stihl dealer is the closest store. I just bought a replacement chain there recently. So now I have a echo saw with a compatible Stihl chain. Anyone ever done this before? Good or bad idea?
Nothing wrong with that. Stihl has good chain. Echo makes a good saw enjoy.

As long as the numbers match. I used to run Stihl chains on a Husqvarna saw. Worked good.

No problem with mixing company name chains. Just make sure you get the same gauge, pitch, sequence and the best cutter type for purpose. I use to buy a lot of Archer chains as they were less expensive than Stihl, easier to sharpen and would cut good, but their price has went up.

I was talking to a guy who owns a saw store, repairs and sell chain saws. I was asking about some chain and bar for a hydraulic saw. He told me he can not make up saw chains. His insurance won't allow it. Is that a common problem with small shops? Seems to be something fairly recent for him 'cause he offered all the chain and tooling at a very reasonable price.

Latest posts