Steel Panel Fencing / Corrals in Concrete?

Help Support CattleToday:

cre10

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm talking about these steel panels like in the below link. I'm curious what you guys say. I've got one buddy that swears they have to be set in concrete or the fence will lean, but the neighbor says he just pushes his posts in the ground with the excavator bucket. Obviously for working pens I would want concrete, but what about just regular feedlot fencing or horse fencing? Do you think it will lean if posts aren't in concrete?

http://gobobpipe.com/continuous_fence.htm

Proably depends on your soil and how deep you but the post in. I built my bull pen from that stuff and poured concrete footings (sort of) for each post.

I like this type panels and plan to use some.
I usually use railroad ties for corral fence w/o concrete.
Sometimes I will back fill with some class 5.

dun":1vw84fg7 said:
Proably depends on your soil and how deep you but the post in. I built my bull pen from that stuff and poured concrete footings (sort of) for each post.
I used 8" post 10 ft long for the gate post and 8" 8 ft long for the line post. I put the gate post 4 ft in the ground and the line post 3 ft in and concreted every post. Yes overkill but have never had one even try to get out. The gates also are 6" tall 7 bar 3" galvanized.

Latest posts