• sirloin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • strip

• other

• Total voters
Arnold Ziffle":1y4xiltd said:
I love them all, but of the items listed I find myself eating ribeyes the most. But there's another cut that I eat a lot and it is an incredible value. At my neighborhood Kroger store they sometimes call it "Charcoal Steak" and sometimes the label is "Chuck Top Blade". I think in some parts of the country they call it Flat Iron Steak. I think it's very tasty and tender, except for the gristle in the middle, and has much less fat than most other good cuts. I guess I need to be a bit selfish and keep quiet about it, because the Kroger store often sells it (USDA Choice) for $2.69 per pound and on sale for $1.89. When I see it I go for it like a duck on a Junebug -- got a lot of it in the freezer now.

Its a neck cut. Back in my butcher days we had some fancy names for the poorer cuts. I always prefered a good sirloin.

Some locker plants will cut 7-steaks for you if you don't want all the roast. They're not a premium cut but they're not bad.

With all y'all talking this stuff all day long you hauled off and made me hungry. Right now I could eat a frozen dog if I had a microwave handy.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":36tp6pb6 said:
Some locker plants will cut 7-steaks for you if you don't want all the roast. They're not a premium cut but they're not bad.

With all y'all talking this stuff all day long you hauled off and made me hungry. Right now I could eat a frozen dog if I had a microwave handy.

Craig-TX
A Microwave????????
We use ours as a bread box.

Craig-TX":1oek0dh1 said:

Craig-TX

We used to bone roll and tie the seven roast and cut into steaks on holidays for grilling. Customers would pay double for them.

Latest posts