White House serves Wagyu Steaks to Congress

Help Support CattleToday:

Try this recipe it is really delicious, you can substitute the Wagyu Beef with a good quality Angus Beef, it is not much different just more saturated fat. apparently Angus Cattle is the best to breed with Wagyu cattle, so as they can survive the climate of the US, so I am told. you'll have to look that one up though.

Enjoy?!?!?!?!?!
Grilled Peppery Wagyu Beef Brisket

Serves 6-8
INGREDIENTS
6 pounds Wagyu Beef Brisket, trimmed
1 large onion, coarsely chopped or sliced 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
5 or 6 peppercorns
Vegetable oil cooking spray
Madison Avenue barbecue sauce

DIRECTIONS
1. Combine the brisket, onion, garlic, and peppercorns in a stockpot or large saucepan. Add enough water to cover the meat by about one inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender when pierced with a fork. Check the meat for tenderness after 2 hours.

2. Lift the meat from the cooking liquid and discard the liquid. When the meat is cool enough to handle, pat dry with paper towels. Rub all sides of the brisket with the dry rub, transfer to a shallow dish, cover loosely, and set aside at room temperature for about 1 hour, or refrigerate for as long as 24 hours. Alternatively, put the brisket in a seal-able plastic bag and refrigerate.

3. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable oil cooking spray. The coals should be moderately hot.

4. Grill the brisket for about 20 minutes. Turn and cook for 20 minutes longer, or until the internal temperature is between 190° and 200°F. Let the meat rest for about 15 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with the barbecue sauce.

Madison Avenue Barbecue Sauce
Makes about 1 3/4 cups
INGREDIENTS
1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup soy sauce
6 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
Combine the ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan, stir, and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until the flavors blend. Let cool and use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.

Chrisy...do you expect "this" president to lower himself to eating a plain ol' Augus steak? I mean, heck he hasn't even lowered the thermostat in the White House yet, let alone dropped down to the food of commoners. Maybe we should find him a Watusi steer from the homeland and ship it.

chrisy":2hv25hnh said:
Try this recipe it is really delicious, you can substitute the Wagyu Beef with a good quality Angus Beef, it is not much different just more saturated fat. apparently Angus Cattle is the best to breed with Wagyu cattle, so as they can survive the climate of the US, so I am told. you'll have to look that one up though.

Enjoy?!?!?!?!?!
Grilled Peppery Wagyu Beef Brisket

Serves 6-8
INGREDIENTS
6 pounds Wagyu Beef Brisket, trimmed
1 large onion, coarsely chopped or sliced 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
5 or 6 peppercorns
Vegetable oil cooking spray
Madison Avenue barbecue sauce

DIRECTIONS
1. Combine the brisket, onion, garlic, and peppercorns in a stockpot or large saucepan. Add enough water to cover the meat by about one inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender when pierced with a fork. Check the meat for tenderness after 2 hours.

2. Lift the meat from the cooking liquid and discard the liquid. When the meat is cool enough to handle, pat dry with paper towels. Rub all sides of the brisket with the dry rub, transfer to a shallow dish, cover loosely, and set aside at room temperature for about 1 hour, or refrigerate for as long as 24 hours. Alternatively, put the brisket in a seal-able plastic bag and refrigerate.

3. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable oil cooking spray. The coals should be moderately hot.

4. Grill the brisket for about 20 minutes. Turn and cook for 20 minutes longer, or until the internal temperature is between 190° and 200°F. Let the meat rest for about 15 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with the barbecue sauce.

Madison Avenue Barbecue Sauce
Makes about 1 3/4 cups
INGREDIENTS
1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup soy sauce
6 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
Combine the ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan, stir, and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until the flavors blend. Let cool and use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.

Stopped in to the Angus Restaurant at Picadilly Circus the other day - took the Wife and Mom and Sis for steaks.

Pretty good food for folks from England!!

:D

Bez+

Bez...English food can be very tasty if cooked by the right person. I haven't been to the Angus Steak house for years. but the last time I did was what turned me off. Hope you are enjoying your trip to Blighty, sorry I could not met you but things have been so hectic here at home time has just run into itself. When it's time here's to a good flight home....take care...Chris