How many steaks do you eat a month?

Help Support CattleToday:

I cook my steaks in a skillet - I know - WHAT!!!. Smae reaction everyone gives me.. I can't cook them on a grill, I ruin them, but in a skillet they are juicy and tender - YUM! I have all the sirloins and all round steaks made into tenderizd steaks for chicken fried steak. T-bones are next and then rib eye and porterhouse. I eat them several times a week, hubby prefers hamburger over steak - no matter how you cook the steak grill or otherwise. We butchered prime this time and is it good, but honestly, can't tell difference from choice to prime - both are juicy and very tender, tasty too.
Valerie

We will usually have steak about 3 times a month. However I sold a case of steak ready NY Strips to a customer yesterday and am going to buy one back from him for the house. I really like my steaks from the last steer we killed but there are never enuf strips for me.

BTW a steak tip for those interested. We used to take 1 in thick(or thicker) top rounds and marinate them in yellow mustard then grill them. Last time we were gonna do this we were out of mustard so I took the steak and dusted it with a VERY LIGHT coating of Adolph's meat tenderizer and then put it in a gallon ziplock bag and poured in about 8oz of beer. Let it marinate overnight and next day dried it off, brushed it with a little bit of olive oil, and grilled it rare, then sliced it like London broil. It was incredible and inexpensive.

Sounds good 3way..will have to give it a try. Have considered something similar a few times but the beer never seems to make it to the bag. ;-)

Marinade for Steak (which I use occasionally)
1 lg. onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. beer
1/2 c. lemon juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Sirloin steak

Cook onion and garlic in 1/4 cup oil until tender. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients except meat. Place meat in shallow baking dish, pour marinade over. Cover, refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Grill, basting with marinade.

Pepper steak go down a treat also in my gaff...
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter or oil
1 1/2 pounds round or flank steak
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
1 cup diced celery
2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
2 bay leaves
3 large green bell pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 cup cold water
Preparation:
Heat butter over medium high heat, brown meat, which has been cut into 1/4-inch wide strips. Brown the meat in 2 or 3 batches so that each batch just covers the bottom of the skillet without crowding. Remove meat and set aside. Reduce heat, saute onions for 5 minutes. Return meat to skillet, add remaining ingredients except peppers, cornstarch, soy sauce and water. Add peppers, which have been seeded and cut in 1/2-inch strips, simmer covered for 10 minutes. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce and water in small dish; stir into meat mixture. Cook until thick and clear, about 1 minute.
Pepper steaks serve 6.

Latest posts