Starting Over

Help Support CattleToday:

csutton

Reaction score
Well, Im officially back in the cattle biz, so to speak. Finally had a chance to go to the sale barn and picked up a nice little heifer and steer. Mainly got them to clean up some grass that the sheep won't eat. Sure is nice to see calves out in the pastures again.

Good for you!! There are few things that I look forward to as much as going to the sale barn with money in my pocket and calves in the ring. And you are right, it is more than good to see them out there in the pasture. Enjoy!! :nod:

glad to see your back in the cattle bizz.nothing beats seeing cattle grazing n a pasture.

Tn, we lost our lease a number of years back and had to sell out. (Partly to personal reasons and work) I really havent had time with my current job to be able to tend to cattle. Thats the only reason I got out of the biz. The sheep are my grandparents that they keep around to eat the weeds and such. I don't fool with them so I'm not sure if they lost many or not. Seems to me every time I go out to their place, every one of em has had twins. I think they multiply like rabbits. I'm still building fence at my new place so thats why there out there, for now.

Angie, Yes there is no feeling like being able to go to the sale and be able to buy, its almost addicting.

I know it aint much, just 2 head, but the more I look at the little heifer I got, the more I think about keeping her around. I'll try to get some pics up soon so ya'll can critique.

We've retired from the business half a dozen time at least. I've decided that I'll get out of cows when they start throwing the dirt down on top of me.

angie":357yjp6c said:
Good for you!! There are few things that I look forward to as much as going to the sale barn with money in my pocket and calves in the ring. And you are right, it is more than good to see them out there in the pasture. Enjoy!! :nod:

Angie? Still got that fancy trailer fer haulin' em home?

john250":2fzud81j said:
angie":2fzud81j said:

Dang trailer just keeps getting fancier. :roll:

No brake lights in back. Power steering fluid leaks (duct tape helped some), gas runs out onto the ground if I fill it too full. It is wanting to over heat. I have to start it 5 or 6 times before it decides it is not going to choke and die on me. At a stop it surges (I don't know what thats about). Heater is still a wire under the dash that I touch to something steel and hope it stays. Got pulled over last Saturday cause one front head light flickers.

But the horn works and the radio works and it doesn't smell like what the calf did in it anymore :help: , so that is a good enough thing. It will get me home from work this morning. I hope.

angie":4zn7vnrn said:
john250":4zn7vnrn said:
angie":4zn7vnrn said:

Dang trailer just keeps getting fancier. :roll:

No brake lights in back. Power steering fluid leaks (duct tape helped some), gas runs out onto the ground if I fill it too full. It is wanting to over heat. I have to start it 5 or 6 times before it decides it is not going to choke and die on me. At a stop it surges (I don't know what thats about). Heater is still a wire under the dash that I touch to something steel and hope it stays. Got pulled over last Saturday cause one front head light flickers.

But the horn works and the radio works and it doesn't smell like what the calf did in it anymore :help: , so that is a good enough thing. It will get me home from work this morning. I hope.

Don't to hi jack this tred but Angie it sound's you borrowed my truck agin. :)

rattler

dun":yppug6z2 said:
Here's her new livestock hauler!

Looks like Angel saved enough of that bottle of peroxide to color that cow too! I'm sure you two make quite a pair tearing around those roads down there. :D

and csutton, congrats to you!