Starting a new business

Help Support CattleToday:

Thoes kind of lesser sights are what I like seeing the most it seems like. They are like hidden gems. I like National parks too except the crowd's is what i don't like about them.

Yellow stone I hear is really something to see. I hear also it is really packed with turoist. More turoist there than most others from what i understand.

We went to massiverdi national park ( probably spelt it wrong ) but out side of all the turoist I was glad we went to see it. It was about the Hopi Indian cliff dwellings. Really interesting.

Another National Park in Colorado called the Great Sand dunes located in the San Louis Valley was great too.

Black Canyon near Montrose was really something. Don't think it was a National Park but was just as nice as anything else.

There were alot of lesser sights that I enjoyed as much if not more than the national parks. What I was calling hidden gems. Like near Fulton New Mexico their is a volcano. It's I think a National monument instead of a park. I drove by it and didn't know it was there.

Then we stopped at a state road side rest area in the pan handle of Oklahoma that was I thought very interesting. We stopped about an hour before the sun had started to set.

Where you pulled off the high way there was some bulliten board's under like a pavillian that had a map of the rest area.

Didn't realize until I was looking at the map the main part of the rest area that had the rest rooms was located a little futher off the highway down a little access road.

The wife had already read the map and walked to the rest rooms. When i read caution signs saying stay on the trails, stay on the side walks, watch for rattle snakes !!! Lol !!! I thought boy I better catch up with the wife before she gets snake bit !!! There isn't much telling how much of a fine I would have got for every rattle snake that would have died if it had of bit her.

So luckily I caught up with her before anything like that happened and explained to her about staying on the trails before she got snake bit.

That little place was called glass mountain near I think Edmond Oklahoma.

Thoes little hiddie holes are are pretty good sights to see in them selfs if you happen onto them in my opinion.
http://www.okmajordev.org/gloss-mountain-state-park.html

Just up the road a piece, yes there are diamond backs all over that area.

Sod house and the little sahara not to far away from there. There will be several rattlesnake hunts around in the spring and rodeos in the summer.

http://www.okmajordev.org/gloss-mountain-state-park.html

Just up the road a piece, yes there are diamond backs all over that area.

Sod house and the little sahara not to far away from there. There will be several rattlesnake hunts around in the spring and rodeos in the summer.
Thanks alot for the video link about gloss mountain !!!

That is truly a beautiful landscape. I am really glad to have stumbled across it even though it was by accident that I stumbled across it. And even more happy me or my wife didn't get bit by a rattle snake ! Lol !!!

Now the rodeos held there you are talking about. Are they regular rodeos ? Don't they referr to the rattle snake hunts as rodeos too ?

I saw the walking trail and even walked up one to the top of a hill and watched the sun set. But because of all of the sings about watch for rattle snakes. I was a little Leary about walking too far on the trails.

Up until now i thought it was just a rest area !!!

Unless you see it for yourself it is hard to imagine how pretty of such a desolate place gloss mountain is. Exspecially at sunset toward the end of summer.

I am beginning to think i am destine to be bit by some kind of poisonous snake whenever I travel out West. Not many years back. I was traveling through New Mexico on a hunting trip. We pulled over at a rest area to take a short nap. Had been driven all day. I stretched out on a picnic table bench. Looked over at this sign that said to watch out for some kind of lethal coral snake that was around that rest area !!! Took the rest of my nap sitting up in the truck !!! Lol !!!

If it within reason to a main highway I'd make camper hook up. Not put them right on top of each other but far enough apart people could have their own spot and enough the outdoors. Charge for a rv spot eliminate having to clean a place. Not to say you may not need to do a little maintenance on the spot and collect trash. Still beats the hockey sticks out of clean toilets. If that doesn't work up date to cabins. I grow up on a lake used to work at a resort, the Cottages and rv would stay booked. Than again the thing was to come to the lake. People enjoy outdoors and convenience. If they can toot their rvs in a spot right off the highway after driving not far out the way heck yea they down. 😉 we have one not far from us people love that crap.

Latest posts