Squirrel Dumplings

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Well DD and I went squirrel hunting this morning two fox squirrels meet their demise
to a 12 gauge Black Powder shotgun. Great morning nothing finer than squirrel hunting.
Cleaned and in the sink for a pot of dumplings this evening when I get in off the deer stand.
Life is good.
I actually don't know of anyone that has it better.
We have food, shelter, own everything we have.
Raised a passel of kids that all turned out to be contributing members of society.
Start on the new smokehouse Friday hopeful Santa will provide some venison for sausage.
We have been blessed by the Lord and are thankful.
Merry Christmas to all

May God Bless
God Bless America.

Merry Christmas CB, We are all truly Blessed. Make sure mama make you some cornbread to go with them dumplings

Ouachita":zpklbhb6 said:
What is a "DD"? I may need to get me some. Sounds like a great way to spend this day.

DD is a Jack Russell.

Well the Mrs fooled me she pressure cooked the squirrels till tender then fried them.
She made sausage gravy and biscuits to go with it.
Also made a pan of cornbread sitting on the back of the stove to snack on.
Dang fine livin.

This is a DD

This is the smokepole scattergun that accompanied us.

Caustic Burno":tgq4otff said:
Ouachita":tgq4otff said:
What is a "DD"? I may need to get me some. Sounds like a great way to spend this day.

DD is a Jack Russell.

Well the Mrs fooled me she pressure cooked the squirrels till tender then fried them.
She made sausage gravy and biscuits to go with it.
Also made a pan of cornbread sitting on the back of the stove to snack on.
Dang fine livin.

She's smarter than you. She knew that at your advanced age no way in he11 were you going to be able to eat two old fox squirrels without pressuring them first. Then you can just suck them off the bone. :hide:

:D That's ok in my neck of the woods. Dumplins or fried is left to the cook. Both are good. If we have gravy, all is right with the world.......larapin good

I know she is smarter than me.
Actually the fox squirrels were so fat the hide slid right off.
DD was the one that wasn't happy like only two today.
I think we ran into every neighbor going down the road today
everyone said going squirrel hunting today I see.

Ouachita":32yy0jht said:
:D That's ok in my neck of the woods. Dumplins or fried is left to the cook. Both are good. If we have gravy, all is right with the world.......larapin good

Tomorrow is smoke ham with sweet taters and cornbread.