Spring!

Help Support CattleToday:

I talked to a weatherman from accu-weather and he says that we are going to get over 30 inches of snow in march, I am sure ready for spring but dont think it is coming yet.

kenny thomas":uz45o6ee said:
c farmer, keep it up there. I want to turn the cows out on grass by April 1.

April 1...hmmmm...that's April fool's day, isn't it?

Alice

Lately there's been some signs that Spring is coming, geese on the move, the smaller birds who winter here seem to be squabbling over territory, longer daylight, and my hens started to lay again. But as I write this, it's in the low 20's and snowing and the temperature is going to drop near zero in a couple of nights. Old Man Winter just doesn't want to turn loose this year!

c farmer":3vbtrfva said:
I talked to a weatherman from accu-weather and he says that we are going to get over 30 inches of snow in march, I am sure ready for spring but dont think it is coming yet.

Everybody keeps telling me the almanac is calling for 20-30 inches in March. Never owned an almanac, but that's true I'm going to buy one, just so I can burn it.

There's little patches of brown starting to show around the edges of the woods here, not quite sure what that stuff is, been so long since I've seen it. The paths that I plowed thru the fields for the cows are mud bogs now, I'll take a foot of snow over a foot of mud anyday.

For the lats 3 days and nights there have been geese migrating north. Very few minutes pass when I don;t here flocks on the move

Was just telling :cowboy: last night that March can sure be ugly, but it is also the light at the end of tunnel! March is to summer what October is to winter. The extra day light doesn't hurt at all either.

hey bro it sounds like you better go fill up the hay bunks.an go get a load of feed for the girls.

there was a big ball of fire in the sky this weekend, it burned my eyes and tanned my skin what the he#@ could it have been reckon :p

Actually got up to 51 here yesterday, that's the first time it's broke the 50 degree mark since mid-December!

Spring! means the cows become increasingly disgruntled with the quality and quantity I feed them.
The snow is melting and I think even brown grass looks green to a cow.

The scary part is in about 7 weeks we need to be ready to plant corn. When you look outside it sure doesn't look like it.

Larry

Latest posts