Spring baby photos

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
For your viewing pleasure ... a selection of my spring babies!

Sexy Rexie (doe kid) - her mum is 'Anorexic', hence the daughter's name. This photo taken at about 4 weeks.

Pics_for_Cattle_today_1038.JPG

Sexy Rexie about 3 days old

Pics_for_Cattle_today_861.JPG

Sweet Pea (mum) with twin doe kids, Duskany and Dixie. Photo taken at about 3 hrs old

Pics_for_Cattle_today_880.JPG

Daffy (doe kid) with mum Arietta, about 3 days old

Pics_for_Cattle_today_851.JPG

Domino (buck kid), about 5 days old

Pics_for_Cattle_today_832.JPG

This tiny girl is a fighter. Weighed 1.7kg at birth (for those unfamiliar with goats, my average birth weight is 3.5kg. She's a twin to a normal sized buck kid. Couldnt stand for 3 days, I had to pick her up and hold her on the teat to feed every four hours for those first few days. Fully expected her to be dead every time I went out ... one time I went out there got her mum up, went to pick her up she jumped up, hopped out of her pink tub and went to work suckling! I call her Tiny Dancer, but as it is a D year her registered name will be Dancing Queen.

Pics_for_Cattle_today_830.JPG

First feed by herself

Pics_for_Cattle_today_870.JPG

Daffy asleep in the hay tub

Pics_for_Cattle_today_827.JPG

Domino again

Pics_for_Cattle_today_825.JPG

About a month old: Fruit Loop (buck kid), Daredevil (Buck), and Duskany (Doe)

Pics_for_Cattle_today_1027.JPG

Had fourteen kids born this spring, all without complications except the one caesarian. All alive and healthy.

Well, all I've really got to say is AWWWWWWWW :lol: I do love Angora kids, they're the cutest things ever! And so are the boer's too (well the one boer that's there :p)

Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough trot to start off the kidding season, so I hope everything starts going up for you, Keren :D

Thanks Bek, things are looking up.

My kidding season and goats in general are great, its the work goats that have been through the mincer.

There's nothing like green grass, spring air and baby lambs, kids and calves to make you :D

Oh my gosh, Keren! What can I say! And the baby in the pink tub... :heart: :heart: :heart: Those angels that are determined to make it...calves, baby goats...no matter...they steal my heart.

Thank you for sharing this, Keren. I needed a bright spot...

Alice

OH!!! How did I miss this one???
I told my mom when my children were born "They are cute enough, but not cuter than a baby goat." :lol2: This just proves my point. Nice babies Keren!!

:lol2:

Thank you SO much angie, that comment about your kids just made me laugh out loud! You just brightened my day. Thank you thank you thank you

Alice, I always think that the babies are born angels, but by weaning time they have changed into little devils! Doing all the destructive things goats love doing ...

I just went out a little while ago and found that they had broken the water tub, not only were they all out of water and thirsty but they had emptied it ... and curled up to sleep in it :roll:

What is it about those faces ?????? The little pink noses and the adorable, oh so innocent, eyes. I remember as a city girl begging my parents for a "baby goat" "please we can keep it in the backyard and no one will know.." Needless to say it never happened and now that I could have a goat or two I am smart enough to know that I know nothing about the care they need...

Very very cute pics Keren, and it reaffirms why you like goats so very much.. :tiphat:

Angie, I am still giggling over your story,,have your own "kids" heard about this yet.. :lol2:

Don't know squat about anything other than briar goats but I gotta say those are the nicest looking goats I've ever seen. Pardon me if I don't show them to my daughter cause she would throw one of those looks at me and we'd be in the goat business. :nod:

Jogeephus":28kdrw7u said:
Don't know squat about anything other than briar goats but I gotta say those are the nicest looking goats I've ever seen. Pardon me if I don't show them to my daughter cause she would throw one of those looks at me and we'd be in the goat business. :nod:

Jogee, the white fluffy ones are Angora goats. I will admit to never being a good geography student, so I dont know where Sth Georgia is in relation to Texas - but Texas has some fine Angora goats. I personally prefer a mix of 75% South African blood with 25% Texan blood. From what I understand the commercial Angora goat industry in America has somewhat weakened, and the main use for these animals is now as 4H show animals. Sad, but hey at least your daughter would have a heap of fun!

hillsdown":zjaol303 said:
Angie, I am still giggling over your story,,have your own "kids" heard about this yet.. :lol2:
Yeah. They have seen their baby pictures. I am thinking they would have to agree..... :help:
Thats ok, they had a great sense of humor ;-)

Keren":2j7t28pc said:
Always happy to share the babies with you!

And speaking of babies - who is that in your avatar Chrissy?

the baby in my avatar is my soon to be here first Grandbaby, it is due in January, and I can't wait. :banana: it was my Daughters 12 week scan.

domino is the cutest goat i have ever seen!! and i love tiny dancer. i hope all goes well for her and the rest!

Latest posts