Spreading seed and fertilizer together.

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeBo said:
snoopdog said:
Try the jumbo ladino, the yield is awesome.

Yes Serecea is a completely different plant and a noxious weed, gets woody and bitter and cattle hate it

We are planting AU Grazer on some new pastures. It is a good forage and hay crop and better than the original.

JParrott said:
midTN_Brangusman said:
southernultrablack said:
What kind of red/white clover do y'all use

I'm going to be spreading 2 lbs ladino white clover and 8 lbs red clover. That is what my state ag department recommends for spring seeding. They also call for 20 lbs kobe lespedeza. Anyone plant lespedeza with their clover?

Yes we do. Our main hay field we try to keep at 70-80% red clover and 20-30% lespedeza.
Kobe can get choked out here so we mainly go with improved white clover and occasionally some ball clover. If there is annual cool season plantings some crimson seed get into the mix. For the forage produced it is hard for me to get excited over Kobe if the soil conditions are improved.

greybeard said:
We always called common lespedeza a noxious weed here.. I think it's lespedeza sericea? It just takes over if you aren't careful. Is it completely different from the Kobe?

Regular lespedeza and services lespedesa, two different animals. Regular is fantastic, service a is a noxious weed, spread by highway departments on right away in Missouri. Once it gets older growth the cattle hate it

Latest posts