Spraying 10% permethrin on cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":1ym73dim said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ym73dim said:
I mix diesel and gas to control weeds on my fence rows. Works great. I even spray it around ponds and wells.
Burning old tires soaked in black oil helps keep the flies away too.

Thanks for the tip, sure beats tossing them in the creek like we've been doing.

TennesseeTuxedo":2l8dt1fa said:
I mix diesel and gas to control weeds on my fence rows. Works great. I even spray it around ponds and wells.

I just park my tractor in a new spot every day with the fuel leaks and Hyd Oil leaks I don't have to cut grass around the barn.

Do you still pour used motor oil on fence post like we do ??

M-5":zjwmhl91 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":zjwmhl91 said:

I just park my tractor in a new spot every day with the fuel leaks and Hyd Oil leaks I don't have to cut grass around the barn.

Do you still pour used motor oil on fence post like we do ??

I pour new and used.

garyws":1htnez3r said:
jedstivers":1htnez3r said:
Diesel has been used for years and years. What's wrong with it now?

First, diesel is not environmentally friendly to your farm or ranch. Secondly, it's not approved for use, per label. Thirdly, "years and years" ago today's recommended oils didn't exist. But...use what you want. I trust the experts. :tiphat:

How is diesel not environmentally friendly?

I would not use diesel either because I have been covered in diesel in the sun and its not a lot of fun so I doubt it is very fun for the cattle. Plus, its like $3/g.

Brute 23":168f6gyp said:
garyws":168f6gyp said:
jedstivers":168f6gyp said:
Diesel has been used for years and years. What's wrong with it now?

First, diesel is not environmentally friendly to your farm or ranch. Secondly, it's not approved for use, per label. Thirdly, "years and years" ago today's recommended oils didn't exist. But...use what you want. I trust the experts. :tiphat:

How is diesel not environmentally friendly?

I would not use diesel either because I have been covered in diesel in the sun and its not a lot of fun so I doubt it is very fun for the cattle. Plus, its like $3/g.
You don't use it to spray. Only in the back rub. They don't get covered with it.

Latest posts