Specific artichoke and spinach dip needed.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I am looking for a specific secret recipe for a warm artichoke and spinach dip. It is served hot right off the stove in the pan with chips and crusty bread slices.

It is made with fresh sauteed spinach (not frozen) and 4 different cheeses, two are parmesan (reggiano and agiano(sp)) the other one is a yellow orange cheese maybe a cheddar and I think the last is a swiss cheese. I am pretty sure a heavy cream is used in it as well. If anyone knows this one I would really appreciate it if you could share it..

Thank you.

time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients
4 oz. Jack cheese (grated)
2 oz. Swiss cheese (grated)
8 oz. Parmesan Agiano cheese (shredded)
8 oz. Parmesan Reggiano cheese (shredded)
¾ cup Artichoke hearts (quartered)
1 bunch Fresh spinach
½ cup Mayonnaise
½ cup Prepared Alfredo sauce
2 tsp. Garlic (chopped; approx. 2 cloves)
½ tsp. Black pepper
½ cup Sun-dried tomatoes
1. Combine Jack, Swiss and Parmesan cheeses in a mixing bowl.
2. Drain artichokes and dice into small pieces. Wash and cut spinach into 1-inch piecesand add to cheese mix.
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, alfredo sauce, garlic and pepper.Mix until well combined.
4. Pour the mayonnaise mixture into the cheese mix and stir until well mixed.
5. Drain sun-dried tomatoes of any oil or liquid and dice into small pieces and add to themixture.
6. Heat cold dip mixture over medium heat in non-stick frying pan until hot and cheese iscompletely melted. Transfer to serving dish and serve with tortilla chips and slicedbread.

Will be trying it this week , Yummmm.......

That sounds sooo good - will have to wait till next season(we are going into winter here) until I can taste though :cry2: .

I made this for our little get together with a few friends last night. Good thing I made a double batch as the first pan disappeared fast, the guys loved it. I served it with a sliced baguette that I lightly brushed with a mixture of olive oil with thyme ,sweet oregano and parsley. Then I toasted it in the oven until crisp. The dip was heated on the stove until the cheese had fully melted and then I tossed it in the oven on broil for a few minutes to get a golden brown on top. I also made the sundried tomatoes from scratch, not store bought. YUMMM.. It was a huge hit and definitely will be on the menu again. :D

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

BTW you need to chop the fresh spinach first and then pan fry it with a generous stick of butter. Also heat your pan with a good pat of butter before adding the dip mixture to it, then keep folding the dip as it heats.

My wife saw your pics and said it looks and sounds great...... she's going to try it..... soon...... I thought we covered this? :lol:

Thanks for your post...... :(

Alan

Alan":1l6gbsu5 said:
My wife saw your pics and said it looks and sounds great...... she's going to try it..... soon...... I thought we covered this? :lol:

Alan

Sorry Alan ,but it is really good, you will like it . :)

hillsdown":1lnh1u6y said:
Alan":1lnh1u6y said:

Alan

Sorry Alan ,but it is really good, you will like it . :)

HEY!!! My wife knows who wears the pants in our family...... I'll let you know how it was..... :cry: