Your Favorite Dip

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Saw an article on favorite dip to serve at Super Bowl parties listed by state.

California - bean dip
Texas - corn dip
Buffalo Chicken dip was #1 in 13 states including Colorado, Kansas, Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
Kentucky and Wyoming favored artichoke dip while Arkansas and Mississippi favored spinach dips.
10 states favored cheese dips with Iowa and Illinois making a chili cheese dip and Alabama a pepper jelly cheese dip.
Nebraska favorite was blue cheese dip and South Dakota was a pickle/cheese dip concoction.
Louisiana and Michigan, jalapeño pepper. Florida was 3 layer dip.
Georgia and West Virgina a Dessert dip? (I assume it's a sweet dip for dipping fruit?) - correct me if I'm wrong.

What's your favorite to serve at a party?
What do you like to dip in it?
chips, fruits, veggies?

Last edited:
Hard one. About the only "dip" I eat these days (for diabetic reasons) is salsa.

I'm over cheese dips, the corn dips, never liked the black eye pea dips. Bean dip is ok but would rather just have a bowl of chili with corn chips. Anything with "buffalo" in the title reeks of vinegar so all of that is out as in anything using honey. Now for a guy that doesn't like spinach…Sam's sells a spinach artichoke dip that is pretty tasty…it's a bit addictive even. So for diabetic reasons it stays on the shelf. For a party however, it would be my choice. Maybe chili for the Fritos too.

🤔. Yeah, what is it about needing dip for fruit?

Hard one. About the only "dip" I eat these days (for diabetic reasons) is salsa.
Now for a guy that doesn't like spinach…Sam's sells a spinach artichoke dip that is pretty tasty…it's a bit addictive even.
🤔. Yeah, what is it about needing dip for fruit?
Serving apple slices with a warm/heated caramel dip is less messy than making caramel apples.
A niece loves Hidden Valley ranch dressing as a dip for the vegetable tray. It's quick, easy and great with cucumber slices
in addition to cauliflower, broccoli, radishes ect.

Last edited:
I'm not much for anything real hot. I like sour cream and union, cheese dip or a ranch dip. One time a buddy of mine and I was out drinking, so we grabbed some chips and cheese dip, after awhile we started wondering why our mouth was burning. We knew it was not the beer, and chips, looked at the cheese dip and it had jalapeño's in it. After that we started looking at the label to make sure there were no jalapeño's in it.

More than a light touch of jalapeño peppers makes my bald spot sweat. :)

Was going to ask what's a corn dip, but figured I'd get reamed by the "Texans" for asking, as corn dip was only favored in Texas.

My sis-in-law made some cactus/jalapeno jelly a while back and it was absolutely AWESOME on slices of summer sausage. I don't exactly remember how we discovered that but it may have had something to do with tequila shots.

Otherwise I like pretty much all dips, and pretty much anything to dip.

Back in the day I liked to skinny dip. Tequila may have been involved there too.

Per the original post mentioning Kentucky favoring artichoke dip, I've never had or seen it, never eaten anything artichoke period.
I hear tell that spinach dip is popular at some functions. Might have had it once.
A local favorite spread here for crackers or celery etc, is beer cheese.
My personal favorites are a medium heat salsa, or cheese dip. Sour cream and onion or a ranch dip is good too.
Jalapeños go good with a lot of things.
I have seen some of that fruit dip around at a few functions, from what I've tasted of it, it ain't what you think it would be and I don't like it at all. I was expecting a sweet version of cream cheese and that was not what I got😂

Smoke your fish in the smoker (you can use liquid smoke but I do not recommend) to me the oilier the fish better. Kingfish, Amberjack, Mullet are great.... for example Dolphin (mahi) is drier and this doesn't seem to do as well.
Freshly smoked fish needs to set up overnight in the refrigerator. Then add sour cream, cream cheese, celery, onion, Worcestershire sauce, old Bay seasoning, a touch of Jamaican allspice. (You can also add little heat spices if you're into that)
Just throw it all into a blender or food processor and get it to a consistency you like. Sprinkle some chopped green onions and a little more Old Bay on top and enjoy.
I have also sometimes added stuff like a little pimento cheese and other things to change the flavor a little. There is NEVER any left over !

It will keep in AIRTIGHT container in the fridge for a week.

More than a light touch of jalapeño peppers makes my bald spot sweat. :)

Was going to ask what's a corn dip, but figured I'd get reamed by the "Texans" for asking, as corn dip was only favored in Texas.

Not from this one. I think some Yankee must have made up that list. I don't see salsa on it anywhere.

Why would buffalo chicken need to be a dip? I've had it but seems like I always got tired of it after a few bites.
That said I love hot wings and buffalo chicken strips - just don't need the carbs

Latest posts