speaking of snakes...

Help Support CattleToday:

The human kind-S S S
The reptile kind I leave alone,they have their place...Unless I'm driveing! I'll almost wreck out trying to hit one! Don't know why..

By the way I really think they are interesting, how they slither everywhere, and swallow things whole- 8)

Gail

Nothing like chicken fried rattle snake and some cold long necks. :) Its a Texas thing. :p And yes, it taste like something between chicken and fish.

ROCKSPRINGS":129qcj7n said:
Nothing like chicken fried rattle snake and some cold long necks. :) Its a Texas thing. :p And yes, it taste like something between chicken and fish.

Texans.....Eating and Drinking. :lol: :lol:

All you left out was the sex! :lol:

Hate them. Don't really know why, there's not much difference between a little garter snake and a timber rattler to me I don't want to be around any of them.

ROCKSPRINGS":2ozzed2g said:

How do you cook them, on a stick over a raging fire? Sounds intrueging.

GMN":25wtduea said:
ROCKSPRINGS":25wtduea said:

How do you cook them, on a stick over a raging fire? Sounds intrueging.

First skin them (use skin to make a hat band)
Cut in bite size pieces or larger or just cut out the back strap.
Season the meat, roll in flower and fry in your favorite oil. Deep frying is good also.
(like french fries or frog legs :shock: ) :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and again and-------

I've had a Grizzly Bear in my tent and I've had a Rattle Snake in my tent.

I will take the Griz anytime. 8) :cboy:

HATE THEM Don't know why but I just do, but the odd thing is that if I do find one I have to "stalk" it from a far distance so I know where it is until someone can get here to get it. My son who is 7, just loves to tease me in the summer. This summer we were getting ready to put in a new sidewalk and he kept telling me there was a snake by my truck and I kept telling him that I wasn't looking cause I knew he was joking (has done it all summer) but then he went over close to it and hollered for his sister to come and look at it, at this point I decided I should look. Well there by the truck was a long, half the size of a durango, black snake. :shock: I probably lost a good 3 years of my life. But no I couldn't leave it alone, I followed that thing to know where it was and when my husband got home, I told him that I decided that I didn't want to do the sidewalk(did it anyway). The snake stayed in our old chicken coup for the weekend and decided to slither out on Memorial Day, right under the picnic table for the kids. Thank goodness they weren't sitting there!! He had to go. Couldn't walk in the yard for 4 weeks.
So I HATE THEM

;-)

hate snakes. i think my dad put the fear into me.
i have such a repulsion for them that ive never taken the time to figure out wether they are poisonous. Ive never been bit but i almost lost a dog from a snake bite when i was young. That was a nasty infection to clean up.

My Mom got bit by a copperhead once :shock: We usually have a lot around here (copperheads, rattlers...) but we really haven't seen many this year, thankfully! They aren't liked very well at our place, poor things :(

I hate them don't won't nothing to do with them i'll kill every one i run upon on only good snake is a dead snake.

rattler

i respect snakes. i dont really like or dislike them.

actually i like king snakes but i dont go around catching them and petting them and crap.

Beefy":2f3xmv66 said:
i respect snakes. i dont really like or dislike them.

actually i like king snakes but i dont go around catching them and petting them and crap.

Thanks Beefy, I mean it thanks! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

They're just something to help make your life miserable along with,black widow spider, scorpions,fire ants,brown recluice,and a number of other little varmits that you run on to unexpected.

Cal

Latest posts