Speaking of Chrysler..Dodge has a new one that burns 1.43 gal/minute

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
797-horsepower 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye, 707 ftlbs of torque.
But, Highway rated under 'normal driving conditions' at 22MPG.

Foot thru the floorboard burns 1.43 gallons of gas per minute and will drain the whole tank in 11 minutes.
0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds and has a top speed of 203 mph.
$70,000.

I wonder if they would sell me just a minute's worth of one?
I'd really like to go 203mph on pavement once in my life.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 741383002/

greybeard said:
797-horsepower 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye, 707 ftlbs of torque.
But, Highway rated under 'normal driving conditions' at 22MPG.

Foot thru the floorboard burns 1.43 gallons of gas per minute and will drain the whole tank in 11 minutes.
0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds and has a top speed of 203 mph.
$70,000.

I wonder if they would sell me just a minute's worth of one?
I'd really like to go 203mph on pavement once in my life.
........Always loved old muscle cars,have a 69 SS I had as a kid...but I can't for the life of me get anything over the speed limit :cowboy: don't have, never had the nerve for speed.ive always drove like a 90 year old ... :lol2:

bball":3nlib01r said:
Wow! That's a thirsty gal!

While I didn't see the new Challenger listed yet, the Lambo Aventador has the speed capabilities you were interested in, along with a few others. Rental by the minute didn't look feasible, but a days worth of speed could be fun!

https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/exotic-car-rental
$2250/day with 100 free miles....not terrible for a bucket wish type day......But, I'd have to go to a foreign country to rent it....

A lot of people are in disbelief when I tell them my drag boat burns around 4 gallons of methanol in a 1/4 mile. That is some sheitty fuel economy. :lol:

ALACOWMAN":2r9k19yt said:
it takes a gallon of diesel to move a ship 6 inches...course those eng are bigger then my house..

When I was on a gas turbine powered Navy destroyer, we refueled about every 2-3 days...four LM 2500 GT engines (25,000 shaft HP ea..same base engines the C-5 Galaxy air transport and DC-10 used) and 3 allison gas turbine gensets. The most efficient cruise was 16kts, making turns for 19kts on one shaft, with one engine driving it. The other shaft was set to 100% pitch and was trailing. This configuration would burn about 1,100 gph.... Bring all four engines on the line, driving both shafts at full power, and you could see the high side of 34+ kts, and burn 5,000 GPH...depending on sea current/wind conditions and maneuvering pattern. The ships carried about 500,000 gallons of fuel.

hurleyjd":1x0l0db7 said:
If you really want to burn rubber then get a Ford F150 with modifications.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/111 ... e-1-4-mile
I bet the handling of the hellcat makes for a much funner drive around the twisties... Yes, it's possible to get big power and speed out of a lot of vehicles, but to make it handle decent as well is the hard part.. I worked on some rotary engines, 2 rotor made 875 RWHP from 1.3 liter, 500RWHP is easy to get.. I worked on a 3 rotor (2.1L) and it was roasting the tires on the dyno..

Fastest I've been on land is ~180mph on a streetbike

Latest posts