Southern folks...

Help Support CattleToday:

I didn't recognize 1/2 the crap I ate in Japan by sight, taste or smell. Seems like every time I eat a$$ somebody hands chopsticks first.

Pho is Vietnamese, not Chinese.
Duh - why are you telling me? I explained Pho was Vietnamese in my first posting.

Thought I would make greybeard's response easy on him in case he was hating on Pho without ever trying it. I assume everyone has had Chinese food and Chinese cuisine is the basis of Vietnamese cuisine.

Last edited:
Thought I would make greybeard's response easy on him in case he was hating on Pho without ever trying it.
I suspect I have eaten more Vietnamese food (including Pho) IN Vietnam than you ever will anywhere in the world.
Nowhere, did I state or even imply I had never tried Pho. Chao ca tho, is more popular in everyday Vietnamese cooking than Pho.
You just made that crap up.

I suspect I have eaten more Vietnamese food (including Pho) IN Vietnam than you ever will anywhere in the world.
Nowhere, did I state or even imply I had never tried Pho.
I asked IF you had and what about Pho you found disagreeable.
That you were in Vietnam might explain your hatred and why you misidentified those seated as squatting.

Nowhere, did I state or even imply I had never tried Pho. Chao ca tho, is more popular in everyday Vietnamese cooking than Pho.
Your surprised it was made up?

So is Hog Scald AR close to Toad Suck AR.
Funny story, wife and I were just married and had been to Oklahoma, to visit her family. On the way back, I was driving through Arkansas and she was almost asleep, and apparently I excited said Toad Suck Park after reading a sign. Woke her up and she wasn't to happy about that.

Oh come on!!! Y'all have Big Bone Lick in Kentucky...you just can't beat that...ok, you can, but getting it ... nevermind

Oh come on!!! Y'all have Big Bone Lick in Kentucky...you just can't beat that...ok, you can, but getting it ... nevermind
Forgot about that, that's up in northern Ky on the river close to Cincinnati OH. By the way, I didn't associate the name with anything controversial, I just thought the name Toad Suck was funny. 😂
I think these places were named back in a different time, when people had more to do than think of referencing certain subjects in the way like they do now.
We also have a Sharkey, Mousie, Viper, and of course everybody's favorite, Monkey's Eyebrow.

Funny thing about Toad Suck Ferry..................When I worked for a company in Little Rock in the early '90s, I worked with a guy who got fired for asking the receptionist if he could suck her toes.
A few months later, same guy gets arrested for chasing a woman in a mall parking lot, tackling her, jerking her shoes off and sucking her toes.
I don't recall the fallout or his punishment, but the Arkansas Gazette nicknamed him the "Toe Suck Fairy".

Funny thing about Toad Suck Ferry..................When I worked for a company in Little Rock in the early '90s, I worked with a guy who got fired for asking the receptionist if he could suck her toes.
A few months later, same guy gets arrested for chasing a woman in a mall parking lot, tackling her, jerking her shoes off and sucking her toes.
I don't recall the fallout or his punishment, but the Arkansas Gazette nicknamed him the "Toe Suck Fairy".
Stranger than fiction right there!

Stranger than fiction right there!
I haven't found the AR Gazette article from the early '90s, but here's a more recent story about the toe sucker.

Forgot about that, that's up in northern Ky on the river close to Cincinnati OH. By the way, I didn't associate the name with anything controversial, I just thought the name Toad Suck was funny. 😂
I think these places were named back in a different time, when people had more to do than think of referencing certain subjects in the way like they do now.
We also have a Sharkey, Mousie, Viper, and of course everybody's favorite, Monkey's Eyebrow.

It's all good...I grew up in Wis and when heading up I-94 from Illinois when you pass into Wis there's a place called Bong Recreation Area...it's named after an Army Air Force Pilot....but I'm sure they weren't expecting the drastic reference change of today.

It's all good...I grew up in Wis and when heading up I-94 from Illinois when you pass into Wis there's a place called Bong Recreation Area...it's named after an Army Air Force Pilot....but I'm sure they weren't expecting the drastic reference change of today.
It may not have been what they expected, but Dick Bong's memory will live on.

Latest posts