ga. prime

Reaction score
P1000503.jpg

P1000506.jpg

P1000491.jpg

P1000495.jpg

P1000542.jpg

71eda7c4.jpg

And I love the 6th picture. It's a beautiful shot.

Alice

I really like the first two brangus. Looks like you might be on to something with those red angus f-1s! all of your cows look much better than mine. good looking millet too.

Thanks for all the positive remarks folks. Beefy, yeah I got some really good looking calves out of that RA bull I had, but he's history. I'm back to a Black Angus bull now. That millet is amazingly drought tolerant. I've had six yearling heifers and that Red Brahman pair on 4 acres of it all summer and it stays looking like it does in the pic. My bermuda grass pasture on the other hand has really suffered in this drought. I've been having to supplement hay the whole summer for the cows on it.

did you pick those brangus up somewhere or are they ones you raised?

millet rocks.

What brand of millet do you have planted and when was it planted. How much rain has it had. I like that pearl millet and yours looks like it is doing well. Fertelizer? Lime?
Nice cattle too.

Beefy, those are brangus I raised. The one in the top pic is from the red bra in the bottom pic. 16 months old now. Should calve next March. The second pic is out of a smaller framed grey bra that I no longer have. That's her first calf.

alabama, that's Tifleaf millet planted about May 1. It came about 3 inches of rain the week after I planted it in about 45 minutes time and washed a bunch of it away. I was thinking replant, but luckily got a good enough stand anyway. That's one $15 bag of seed planted with John Deere 71's using millet plates and the slowest sprocket setting I could come up with. Since that 3 inch rain, there have only been half-inch rains every 2-3 weeks. That particular field hasn't been limed in 3 or 4 yrs. I'll probably test it for next yr. I have MF fertilizer hoppers on my planter toolbar and put 300lb/ac out in the row at time of planting of 8-16-24. Came back in 2 or 3 weeks put out 2 bags amm. nitrate/ac with 4-wheeler pull behind fertilizer slinger. Then came through with cultivator/plow throwing soil up around the plants like you would corn. Turned cows in a week later about June 1. Cows have been on it ever since. A lot, if not most people use a grain drill for planting millet. It's your preference.

Latest posts