Southeastern Provision in Rutledge TN

Help Support CattleToday:

ClodHopper37869

Reaction score
Are they still in business? Does anyone have any experience with them?? Good,Bad, Whatever.
Got a older bull w/ foot problems, vet said take him down there.

I think I heard a while back they were open again. Id say they have new folks running it since the one owner had to go to prison after the ICE raid there. I don't have any experience with them tho.

They have opened back up as I took a cow probably a couple months ago. The lady on the phone told me they don't like the real big bulls as they don't have the help they once had to handle them, so I would call ahead. Also check when the best time to bring them as you could be setting there a couple hours if you arrive the wrong time. Their phone # is 1-865-767-2300, I sat there one time for about that long. Not a good experience as about every 15 minutes about 15 rounds go off out of that old rusty .22 and that big bucket loader comes out one side with guts and loads often. I could not work there.

ClodHopper37869 said:
Are they still in business? Does anyone have any experience with them?? Good,Bad, Whatever.
Got a older bull w/ foot problems, vet said take him down there.
Just make sure that if you have given him any meds the slaughter restriction date is ok.

jltrent said:
Also check when the best time to bring them as you could be setting there a couple hours if you arrive the wrong time. Their phone # is 1-865-767-2300
I've called several times this AM, keep getting the same recording, press 1 for, press 2 for, press 3 for, for operator press 0,
nothing works, keeps repeating, over and over.. I'll try 1 more time...
Wonder what a lame bull will bring @ stockyard???

jltrent said:
They have opened back up as I took a cow probably a couple months ago. The lady on the phone told me they don't like the real big bulls as they don't have the help they once had to handle them, so I would call ahead. Also check when the best time to bring them as you could be setting there a couple hours if you arrive the wrong time. Their phone # is 1-865-767-2300, I sat there one time for about that long. Not a good experience as about every 15 minutes about 15 rounds go off out of that old rusty .22 and that big bucket loader comes out one side with guts and loads often. I could not work there.

One boy I was talking to that hauled some of his cows to one of the bigger plants like that instead of selling to someone else or at the stockyard said he'd made two trips there - his first and last. He said it was quite an experience. I'm thankful for the folks that work at those places, because I would not want to either. They have my respect.

Wife's brother a few days ago followed a reefer truck with ND tags from Knoxville to Rutledge and it turned up the slaughter houses lane/road. Apparently ND folks are eating ET beef.

A.J. said:
jltrent said:

One boy I was talking to that hauled some of his cows to one of the bigger plants like that instead of selling to someone else or at the stockyard said he'd made two trips there - his first and last. He said it was quite an experience. I'm thankful for the folks that work at those places, because I would not want to either. They have my respect.
4-sure

jltrent said:
Wife's brother a few days ago followed a reefer truck with ND tags from Knoxville to Rutledge and it turned up the slaughter houses lane/road. Apparently ND folks are eating ET beef.

Probity all going to Sturgis.

I know that before they were shut down after the raid, some that were in the know told me never to buy and eat their beef. The evidently did not pay much attention to USDA guidelines or restrictions.

ClodHopper37869 said:
jltrent said:

Those folks could eat a pile of beef.

5f3145acd4341.image.jpg

jltrent said:
ClodHopper37869 said:
jltrent said:

Those folks could eat a pile of beef.

5f3145acd4341.image.jpg

And drink a lot of Ole Smokey & Long Necks!
Thats a Red Meat crowd, No wine & cheese or sushi !

Latest posts