Sorting calves from cows.

Help Support CattleToday:

Somebody posted that same video on here before, they sure got a nice bunch of Herefords.

It does look slick but I have enough crazy cows mixed in my herds that I would have cows getting down and going in the calf side.

That looks so easy, but I know good and well that I would have cows getting down and going in the calf side too.

nothing todo with what was posted.but theres alot of top cattle breeders on FB.as said ive seen that vid on fb im pretty sure.

how did they get them strung out like that for the video? Mine come all at once, in a wad. Then you get the stragglers with small calves or else the slow pokes.

People have been doing it this way horse back for a long long time ;-) . Usually calves stay in the pen and the cows are sorted off the calves. Cows naturally look for the "hole" and will slip by if you let them. Calves may try and slip through with their momma, but a small motion towards them or in between them and their mother, will keep the calf at by while the momma cow goes by.

Typically you have someone horseback sorting, and a couple guys in the pen, horse back, trickling cattle to the man sorting. Sorting is a lot of fun if you like being horse back and your on a horse that sorts well.

Latest posts