Something to chew on if you have a mind to

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
In history there are no control groups. There is no one to tell us what might have been. We weep over the might have been, but there is no might have been. There never was. It is supposed to be true that those who do not know history are condemned to repeat it. I don't believe knowing can save us. What is constant in history is greed and foolishness and a love of blood
Cormac McCarthy

I spend lots a time on the road alone with my thoughts
Cormac is very thought provoking

In the end we all come to be cured of our sentiments. Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting. I've thought a great deal about my life and my country. I think there is little that can be truly known

He is one of my favorites too. All the Pretty Horses is an awesome book.

The movies from his work are good too, but the don't hold a candle to his books.

lovehammer":qby7i0cv said:
He is one of my favorites too. All the Pretty Horses is an awesome book.

The movies from his work are good too, but the don't hold a candle to his books.

I enjoyed Cities of the Plain, but I didn't care for the middle book. I can't even remember the name but I really liked All the Pretty Horses.
Cormac reminds me of Larry Mcmurtry but without the sense of humor

Those who have endured some misfortune will always be set apart but that it is just that misfortune which is their gift and which is their strength and that they must make their way back into the common enterprise of man for without they do so it cannot go forward and they themselves will wither in bitterness.

Are you calling me fat? Or dumb? Or both? "Somthing to CHEW on IF I have a MIND. You condescending little SOB.

Isomade":a5o5bt79 said:
Are you calling me fat? Or dumb? Or both? "Somthing to CHEW on IF I have a MIND. You condescending little SOB.

No I'm too busy arguing with the little hardheaded turd down south to pick anymore fights :D

What is history? What I read in school was opinion - at least it doesn't account for history in the journals, ledgers and diaries of my ancestors.

We both go to say a football game. We see different things. Then some news camera crew reports on it and what they say happened did not happen.

I love history but it is a strange thing.

backhoeboogie":1szxtlfw said:
What is history? What I read in school was opinion - at least it doesn't account for history in the journals, ledgers and diaries of my ancestors.

And they too wrote what they wanted people to read and know. One view of whatever was happening. Results of happenings in history are usually there to be studied.

Latest posts