Someone locally recommended PROWL herbicide on grain sorghum

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing":hr3up5he said:
Don't know anything about it. Recommended?

I ain't a farmer so someone like Jed could give you a better answer
But I think prowl is a pre emergent that needs to be incorporated in( used in cotton here)
The grain sorghum would not come up unless you used a buster planter and got below the herbicide
I think :D

cross_7":18crw6df said:
whitewing":18crw6df said:
Don't know anything about it. Recommended?

I ain't a farmer so someone like Jed could give you a better answer
But I think prowl is a pre emergent that needs to be incorporated in( used in cotton here)
The grain sorghum would not come up unless you used a buster planter and got below the herbicide
I think :D

Since posting this thread I've done some reading on the product and it does sound like it might be a bit more complicated, and therefore somewhat risky for me to use. I need to really keep things simple here.....here being Venezuela.

I've planted a lot of grain sorghum in the past and have done well with it. The only herbicide I've used is a local product called Potreron, which is Picloram + 2,4-D, a general post-emergent broadleaf herbicide that seems to keep the fields relatively free of the unwanted stuff.

I'm thinking I might kill a few hectares of the grain sorghum with the Prowl. :D

Thanks for that info Jed. I broadcast to plant grain sorghum and then cover lightly with a plow. Apparently PROWL is used extensively here while seeding corn. Based on the information provided here, I'll just stick with applications of Potreron if a broadleaf problem pops up.

Latest posts