Someone is Sending a Message

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ga.prime":1lzlg386 said:
What's the message?

Message is invest in corn and bullets for deer and worms and spinners for fish. That way you can stay fed when it hits the fan :hide:

JMJ Farms":4fc1ichz said:
ga.prime":4fc1ichz said:
What's the message?

Message is invest in corn and bullets for deer and worms and spinners for fish. That way you can stay fed when it hits the fan :hide:
Corn farmers, always wanting you to invest! :lol:

JMJ Farms":3584tq49 said:
ga.prime":3584tq49 said:
What's the message?

:lol2: I can go along with the others, but corn is a poor investment

Bright Raven":u5v3vpb7 said:
Caustic Burno":u5v3vpb7 said:
Bright Raven":u5v3vpb7 said:
Let's all hope that in the event of a Civil War that It doesn't occur during this administration. We need a meaused leader in the event of a civil war not a real estate salesman. Lol

Best we have had since a B actor.

If you judge based on fiscal governance - the best Government we have had during the period you reference was the Clinton - Gingrich combo. Those two guys might have been fire and water but they balanced the budget I think twice and they had the lowest fiscal deficit growth in the last 40 as a percentage of GDP. Results mean everything. This guy has no intentions of addressing fiscal affairs.

IMO, everyone is distracted by borders, rhetoric and posturing while we drive this country off the cliff with deficit spending.

Raven, this conversation when Bill Clinton balanced the budget can get looooong. I was in the military during Bush SR and well Into the Clinton's presidency. My friend he shut the military DOWN to "balance" the budget. We could literally only get the minimum flight hours... No more "really shooting our M16s. Just point your finger and say bang. We took our Apache and Cobra helicopters to a "live fire" gunnery and DIDNT FIRE ANYTHING. H mmmm that's good thinking. Let's train the new guys to just pull their thumbs back and tell them to say bang. It's not the same as really shooting. Is bore sighting your new hunting rifle the same as siting it in? My point is this... Don't glorify Clinton for moving money from one account to another, then bash Trump and Reagan for how they did and are managing things. It's politics... No ones perfect...

Coosh71":wy86skeb said:
Bright Raven":wy86skeb said:
Caustic Burno":wy86skeb said:

If you judge based on fiscal governance - the best Government we have had during the period you reference was the Clinton - Gingrich combo. Those two guys might have been fire and water but they balanced the budget I think twice and they had the lowest fiscal deficit growth in the last 40 as a percentage of GDP. Results mean everything. This guy has no intentions of addressing fiscal affairs.

IMO, everyone is distracted by borders, rhetoric and posturing while we drive this country off the cliff with deficit spending.

Raven, this conversation when Bill Clinton balanced the budget can get looooong. I was in the military during Bush SR and well Into the Clinton's presidency. My friend he shut the military DOWN to "balance" the budget. We could literally only get the minimum flight hours... No more "really shooting our M16s. Just point your finger and say bang. We took our Apache and Cobra helicopters to a "live fire" gunnery and DIDNT FIRE ANYTHING. H mmmm that's good thinking. Let's train the new guys to just pull their thumbs back and tell them to say bang. It's not the same as really shooting. Is bore sighting your new hunting rifle the same as siting it in? My point is this... Don't glorify Clinton for moving money from one account to another, then bash Trump and Reagan for how they did and are managing things. It's politics... No ones perfect...
A happy medium would be good for the country.

ga.prime":3s2myslq said:
JMJ Farms":3s2myslq said:
ga.prime":3s2myslq said:
What's the message?

:lol2: I can go along with the others, but corn is a poor investment

Lol. I agree. One thing I do need to take care of that I have not addressed is to store myself up a seed bank for gardening. Be thinking on that and you can give me some tips on proper procedure Saturday. That would be a very worthwhile investment

Coosh71":2rikk69f said:
Bright Raven":2rikk69f said:
Caustic Burno":2rikk69f said:

The same nonsense goes on in civilian civil service. You are preaching to the Choir. I spent 33 years in Civil Service. I am aware of the games that every administration starting with President Carter have played with budgets.

The House of Representatives is the body that controls the purse strings. During the Clinton Presidency, Speaker Gingrich and President Clinton hammered out the last balanced budgets this nation has enjoyed. That is a fact!

PS: the budget is submitted to the House by the President. The House can change the budget any way it deems necessary. After passage by the House, it goes to the Senate. Any changes by the Senate, it goes back to the House. After final congressional approval, it goes to the President for signature or veto. The manipulations by the President are apples and oranges from a "Balanced Budget". The President does not have constitutional authority to "shut down" any Executive action of government to "balance the budget". You need to lick your calf again if that was what you meant to say.

Raven I'm not talking Dem/Rep. I just don't feel the budget was balanced when you take all the money from the grocery acct and put it in the new cattle acct. Ranch looks good but the fridge is empty. It leaves the next president with a whipped poor military. Makes Clinton look good, but the next guy has the mess. Just like when Obama took office. We were a mess for a multitude of reasons.

Coosh71":ci3t479b said:
Raven I'm not talking Dem/Rep. I just don't feel the budget was balanced when you take all the money from the grocery acct and put it in the new cattle acct. Ranch looks good but the fridge is empty. It leaves the next president with a whipped poor military. Makes Clinton look good, but the next guy has the mess. Just like when Obama took office. We were a mess for a multitude of reasons.

Well. You haven't followed every administration like I have since 1978 when I began civil service. Every President manipulates spending. So there is no difference to be made in that.

The important point of this issue is what counts toward deficit spending on a fiscal year basis and contributes to the running national debt. The President can move money within narrow windows but he cannot change the budget passed by congress.

Agreed. But a president can apply pressures behind closed doors on anyone get chooses to get what he wants. Clinton along with ALL politicians are master manipulaters. We can agree to disagree on Clinton af still talk cows. That's the best part of all of this.

Coosh71":38f48z8i said:
Agreed. But a president can apply pressures behind closed doors on anyone get chooses to get what he wants. Clinton along with ALL politicians are master manipulaters. We can agree to disagree on Clinton af still talk cows. That's the best part of all of this.

That is at the heart of this. This is why personally, I admired Newt Gingrich and President Clinton for the relationship they cultivated. Basically, Gingrich was the force behind getting a balanced budget. He was a fiscal hawk. But he also had the skill to meet with the President and through that relationship, the chips fell in place for the last fiscal governance this nation has seen. The fact is - those two men are responsible for giving America its last balanced budgets.

This balanced budget talk is all smoke and mirrors.
So called balanced budget for a year or a few years is just propaganda to keep the public from realizing what a sorry state the nation is in economically.
For the budget to actually be balanced the national debt would have to be paid off.
That ain't gonna happen.

Ryder":2s0frpll said:
So called balanced budget for a year or a few years is just propaganda to keep the public from realizing what a sorry state the nation is in economically.
For the budget to actually be balanced the national debt would have to be paid off.
That ain't gonna happen.

You are confusing two different concepts.

The federal fiscal year begins on October 1 and ends on September 30 of each year. The President submits a budget to Congress for each federal fiscal year. A balanced budget means that the Congress passes and the President signs a budget that is funded without barrowing money. In effect, that year's budget is funded by the revenue taken in during that fiscal year. Thus, nothing is added to the National Debt.

The national debt is the total cumulative debt for all years.

National Debt- the total accumulated debt of the nation.

Deficit spending- spending more money in a federal fiscal year than revenue taken in.

For the fiscal years under this administration, there has not been an attempt to pass a balanced budget.

Bright Raven":3tkmg6k5 said:
Ryder":3tkmg6k5 said:
That ain't gonna happen.

The federal fiscal year begins on October 1 and ends on September 30 of each year. The President submits a budget to Congress for each federal fiscal year. A balanced budget means that the Congress passes and the President signs a budget that is funded without barrowing money. In effect, that year's budget is funded by the revenue taken in during that fiscal year. Thus, nothing is added to the National Debt.

Deficit spending- spending more money in a federal fiscal year than revenue taken in.

For the fiscal years under this administration, there has not been an attempt to pass a balanced budget.

He's not confusing anything, the debt is a huge problem but the true 800 pound gorilla in the room is the unfunded entitlement programs (mandates if you will). That figure is staggering.

TennesseeTuxedo":3e84dnew said:
Bright Raven":3e84dnew said:
Ryder":3e84dnew said:
That ain't gonna happen.

He's not confusing anything, the debt is a huge problem but the true 800 pound gorilla in the room is the unfunded entitlement programs (mandates if you will). That figure is staggering.

Ryder stated: For the budget to actually be balanced the national debt would have to be paid off.

That is incorrect. Maybe confused is not the correct word. The annual fiscal budget can be balanced without paying off the national debt.

Edited to add: IMO it doesn't matter what is in the budget, i.e., entitlements, bombers, etc, what is important is spending within the limits of revenue. I like fiscal conservatism. Let the religious right worry about morals. This nation cannot continue to spend more than it takes in at the rate we are. This POTUS, as you have pointed out, does not give the fiscal affairs a second thought.

TennesseeTuxedo":2dtfv75f said:
Bright Raven":2dtfv75f said:
Ryder":2dtfv75f said:
That ain't gonna happen.

The entitlement you speak of would not be a problem today if both parties had not robbed the account. There in is the basic problem politicians and money.
Eisenhower got in it to bail out the post office and left the lid cracked. LBJ ripped it off and they haven't even looked for it since then.
The real butt chap is you are required to play by the rules and buy the retirement insurance, while it can be
siphoned off to buy votes whenever they feel like.

Edit
Here is the real butt kicker if you paid off SS for the last 30 years you and your employer contributed 250k without interest.
If the same money had been placed in a personal annuity over the same time period it would pay you double or more.
But here lies the rub most people can't manage money and we have to pay for this one way or the other.
Grits method of a bullet behind the ear isn't legal.

Caustic Burno":figx4aes said:
The entitlement you speak of would not be a problem today if both parties had not robbed the account. There in is the basic problem politicians and money.
Eisenhower got in it to bail out the post office and left the lid cracked. LBJ ripped it off and they haven't even looked for it since then.
The real butt chap is you are required to play by the rules and buy the retirement insurance, while it can be
siphoned off to buy votes whenever they feel like.

Edit
Here is the real butt kicker if you paid off SS for the last 30 years you and your employer contributed 250k without interest.
If the same money had been placed in a personal annuity over the same time period it would pay you double or more.
But here lies the rub most people can't manage money and we have to pay for this one way or the other.
Grits method of a bullet behind the ear isn't legal.

I know you like that "B Actor President" but the real run on using Civil Service Annuity savings and SS funds to build the military was his trademark! I don't think most Citizens understood what was going on. They thought he was a wizard to be able to cut taxes and at the same time pour billions and billions into building a modern military. Truth is, they were "robbing the bank" to do it.

I know you Remember David Stockman- he quit over that fiasco.

For younger Users:
David Alan Stockman (born November 10, 1946) is an American politician and former businessman who served as a Republican U.S. Representative from the state of Michigan (1977–1981) and as the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (1981–1985) under President Ronald Reagan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts