Some Tarentaise cross calves

Help Support CattleToday:

kiku_fs

Reaction score
Some of our tarentaise cross calves, thought some of you would like to see the crosses, cause there arn't that many on the web. They are all around a week old.

little girl, tar. x charolais
cinnamon3.jpg

little girl, tar. x charolais
fawn4.jpg

little girl, tar. x charolais, mom died having to bottle feed, hadn't been fed in pic
amber2.jpg

little girl, tar. x commercial blk angus
windy5.jpg

little boy, tar. x commercial blk angus
aaron7.jpg

cowboyup216":2wzgvme9 said:
Still dont look any better. That one little girl looks hollowed out. Mom probably isnt producing enough milk. I say little girl dies here shortly
mom died, so we are having to bottle feed, she hasnt been fed in that pic.

ill have to say kiku you got alot of grit to keep postin pictures after all the he!! these folks give you. keep on tryin you'll get there ;-)

ALACOWMAN":1jvesufv said:
ill have to say kiku you got alot of grit to keep postin pictures after all the he!! these folks give you. keep on tryin you'll get there ;-)
whats wrong with babies, i didnt think there could be anything wrong with babies, and everyone has been posting them so i thought i would, and i thought the crosses would be something new to look at.

Well, since I'm a fool for baby calves...and I know what it is to have to bottle feed them...and I know that when one is being bottle fed it doesn't look near as fat and sassy...

Frankly, I think they look fine.

Alice

kiku_fs":1u50f1av said:
ALACOWMAN":1u50f1av said:
whats wrong with babies, i didnt think there could be anything wrong with babies, and everyone has been posting them so i thought i would, and i thought the crosses would be something new to look at.
didnt say there was any thing wrong. keep postin you got as much right as anyone ;-)

cowboyup216":avpp7rmx said:
Still dont look any better. That one little girl looks hollowed out. Mom probably isnt producing enough milk. I say little girl dies here shortly

If that calf had the benefit of colostrum and is being properly taken care of, and unless something unusual crops up, it's not gonna die.

Alice

i for one love all those calf pics.an as for the calves they look pretty dang good.i bet that cross will make some nice momma cows.

bigbull338":3fkg2tsb said:
i for one love all those calf pics.an as for the calves they look pretty dang good.i bet that cross will make some nice momma cows.
if anything the tarentaise should at least add some milk to them.

if anybody can tell what the future of these babies that leather and bones and some water will look like in about three months.turn it loose.take some pictures in about three months and let us see the genetic results good or bad.

ALACOWMAN":1qchblom said:
if anybody can tell what the future of these babies that leather and bones and some water will look like in about three months.turn it loose.take some pictures in about three months and let us see the genetic results good or bad.
i will post some more pics later on, hopefully they will be good results...

~

Thanks for sharing those photos Kiku. They look good.

May your bottle fed baby grow strong and happy.

cowboyup216":3rx38hts said:
That calf was pretty sunken in. I understand now. The mother died. I do think the calf stickin its tongue out at the camera is funny it made me laugh. I just felt sorry for the sunken in sided calf.
well we have been giving her fresh dairy milk, one of the cows at it had a calf so they gave us the milk that they had to milk out of her, and she did get a days worth of milk from her momma.

sssoooo cute!! :heart: good lookin, big boned calves. id be very proud of them. having raised 17 bottle babies, that one just looks like she's hungry. dont worry...after fed she'll just as fat and sassy as any other normal calf.

Nice looking calves Kiku. Keep us posted on their progress.

Tarentaise could do a lot of good for many of the commercial herds across the country. I'm a bit surprised that we don't see more of them in the US; especially in the higher elevations out west.

Latest posts