Some pictures from yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

haase

Reaction score
A bred cow we picked up at perks this weekend, she is bred to 144u Right Track 2040, se is R Miss Online 860 out of the Rausch from South Dakota.

Some weaned calf pictures.

Thanks, the bwf are out of EXAR 263c the calves left about two weeks ago the pictures of the calves are two weeks old and the cows were yesterday, calves were march,april, here are a couple more.

I like your cows, look like easy doin type. Now that new purchase not so much. I say to try and keep your cows type and find a bull to match up with them. Your current bull there leaves a lot to be desired.

Not really sure what your comment on the cow is suppose to mean, all forage, but she does fit in with the rest of my cows, her bull calf at her side at the sale sold for 2600, and we have phone numbers from the sale who are interested in her next calf, but im sure they dont have the knowledge or eye that you have. :roll:

AllForage":1tznjbdi said:
I like your cows, look like easy doin type. Now that new purchase not so much. I say to try and keep your cows type and find a bull to match up with them. Your current bull there leaves a lot to be desired.

AllForage-

It might be a little more beneficial to explain what you mean by "- - - Your current bull there leaves a lot to be desired." Are you referring to his phenotype? or to his current physical condition? or to his Functional traits that he exhibits? or to how you think he may match up to the recentlfy purchased cow on the thread?

Also - to what what specific traits and characteristics (Phenotype, in this case, is all that we have to go on) do you object?

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":1v51w4uh said:
AllForage":1v51w4uh said:

AllForage-

It might be a little more beneficial to explain what you mean by "- - - Your current bull there leaves a lot to be desired." Are you referring to his phenotype? or to his current physical condition? or to his Functional traits that he exhibits? or to how you think he may match up to the recentlfy purchased cow on the thread?

Also - to what what specific traits and characteristics (Phenotype, in this case, is all that we have to go on) do you object?

DOC HARRIS
I second DOC on that, he said it well. Glad to see you back, AllForage!
I like that front/back combination of pictures on the bwf calves.

Inyati, what you see here from Haase is the direction I am trying to go with that portion of our herd you saw on your visit last month. Granted I am off to a bit of a rocky start by ultimately I hope to have a similar set of cows and calves.

TennesseeTuxedo":3lwh9u5o said:
Inyati, what you see here from Haase is the direction I am trying to go with that portion of our herd you saw on your visit last month. Granted I am off to a bit of a rocky start by ultimately I hope to have a similar set of cows and calves.

Larry, how are the hereford heifers doing?

haase":1b3pdrci said:
Not really sure what your comment on the cow is suppose to mean, all forage, but she does fit in with the rest of my cows, her bull calf at her side at the sale sold for 2600, and we have phone numbers from the sale who are interested in her next calf, but im sure they dont have the knowledge or eye that you have. :roll:

I am sure we are in two different worlds. If you got folks lined up then I apologize and keep on truckin. :)

Thanks for the comments, good or bad, I dont have perfect cattle but they are functional,keep their weight even when pastures arent the best,breed back, and raise a good calf.Jedstivers,I think i will keep em up here for a while, but if I run into any trouble Ill know were to bring them.

Latest posts