Some of our hereford cross babies-what do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
DSCF21281.JPG

DSCF2130.JPG

DSCF2086.JPG

showmomof2":stdyugvg said:
Between Harrison and Yellville
I'm thru there 2 or 3 times a month, I buy calves for a guy over by mountain home, and when It don't work out to get them bought up here at Ava or Gainsville I buy them at Harrison take them back that way. Do you sell at Harrison?

Yes, we sell at Harrison, have known the owner for years. My husband worked there for over a year-quit in April to work full time at a local plant. As a matter of fact, that's where we bought two of the mammas to these calves abt 2 yrs ago lol

Well, they are all nice calves but I like the first one the best. You never know, if you sell him around 500lbs you might see my name on your check.

lol-my husband was complaining that he had to much ear-i told him he had just enough to make him good lol

That ear is why I said he was the best, but again if they all came in the ring together I would be happy to own all of them.

Thanks-wish I could get good shots of more of them-they see a camera and run lol. The bull is really putting some hndquarters on them. Had a new one today but I haven't seen him today. Limmi momma and hereford daddy-blk mf bull.

The sire is hereford, mammas are crossbred. Mamma of the first one we raised-char. cross w some ear, the other two just crossed up cows we bought a couple years ago-one appears char cross and the other one is blk. This is our first yr to get a group of calves from this bull-we've used angus in the past. They are young but growing well. Anxious to see how they mature.

showmomof2":321n896u said:
lol-my husband was complaining that he had to much ear-i told him he had just enough to make him good lol
Too much ear? That depends on what your goal is for him. As a seedstock bull - maybe. As a feeder calf, consider what OTHER Multiple Traits he has which will translate into profit for you! You usually don't eat the ears. But Loin, Ribeye, Shoulder Roasts, Round Steaks, - that is a different story, ALL together!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts