some of my long ear gang +1 short ear

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
heres a pic of part of our long ears, left is billy, general's son, moonface his mom, and stormmie,{only short ear we have}. if you go in the barn you always have some one bumming. LOL
gonefishenpicmix005.jpg

the jenny and young jack belong to jane, i keep my mare and generals sister at her house. Rose

Are those mamoth stock? I can't tell just by looking at them. I would really like a pair of mules to ride. I have mini donkeys so everything looks mamoth to me! :eek:

these guys are large standards, about and inch under the mammoth size, but i have 2 big drafty mules a belgin and a perchern, these donks are really just the right size not too tall that you have to use tailgate of truck to get on ..LOL i love the minis they are so cute. my friend jane has a mini mule very old, got from market 4 yrs ago.. wilder than a march hair! been abused, trusts no one, shes comming around, but shes old, set in her ways. and we except her as is.. she wont be passed around any more. yeah we are suckers for a lost cause .. but what can i say? LOL we love little bear, that crazy little mule LOL Rose

Nice photo, Rose....do you ride Billy and Moonface? How about the two big mules? A friend of mine has a mini mule that she drives and coon jumps...I went out with the vet when he was castrated, took a LOT of drugs to knock him down...I think the mules are tougher critters than the donkeys, do you?

Lammie, did you see my baby pictures? I know what you mean, after having just minis around, then you see a large pony and can't imagine! Same with our Dexters, so when I see an Angus or something up close, I can't get over how big they seem.

I love mules. The people that have adjoining land have beautiful mules they keep to hunt the mountains in Colorado with. Sometimes they get over onto our farm and check out the digs over here. I almost hate to run them back over to their field, they so neat to watch.

Alice

yes we ride the big gals,and moon face, it been a while since we have had the time, billy just turned 2 this spring, i have sat on him a couple times out in the field, he has to go to school, lol got lots of ground work to do yet, but he doesnt mind to be saddled, want to try to get him ready for the mule show at flattwoods, and for some reason i always get to be the "cowboy".{take the first ride} hummm whats up with that! lol hes a big baby, hopefully i wont get dusted ! LOL Rose

Gale Seddon":j43t9mpk said:
Lammie, did you see my baby pictures? I know what you mean, after having just minis around, then you see a large pony and can't imagine! Same with our Dexters, so when I see an Angus or something up close, I can't get over how big they seem.

No, where are they? Ihad a new foal, a little Jennett, on My 10th. I just love the little foals!

What do you use them for? Are they good gaurdians? Do you have to worry about them harming small calves? They are very adorable!

dixie_farmer":3dfpxe9v said:
What do you use them for? Are they good gaurdians? Do you have to worry about them harming small calves? They are very adorable!

Minis? Mostly people just have them to have them. There are some folks out there with registered minis who get BIG bucks for them, but they just buy and sell them to each other. Mine aren't good guards but some are. I have to keep my jack away from the calves, but the jennies are pastured right along side of them. You can halter break them, use them as pack animals, teach them to pull wagons. They are all kinds of smart. Mine are quite lovable and gentle. Except for one, who isn't used to people and probably won't ever be.

Lammie":3b9oqw7b said:
Gale Seddon":3b9oqw7b said:

No, where are they? Ihad a new foal, a little Jennett, on My 10th. I just love the little foals!

Check the horse board, "before and after". I'd love to see a picture of your new jennet...there's just nothing cuter than a donkey foal.

Latest posts