Some of my favorites

Help Support CattleToday:

Longshot Cattle Co

Reaction score
This is one of our herd bulls, my favorite foundation cow and a couple of babes from this year.
Cody2004.JPG

Zodiecard.JPG

Medicine_Man_Calf.jpg

Totino_Calf.jpg

Wow! And of course, I love those babies.

They're all great looking animals to me. :D

Alice

That is one beefy bull and a wonderful cow. Isn't it a shame that the color of their hide makes some people turn away in disgust. Those are good cattle. IMO Boone

Wow.. I have always loved Pinz's but have never really gotten a good chance to get a good look at them since we got into cattle.. Not too many around that I know about... Seems like an underutilzed cont. breed to me, nice looking animals.

Very nice cattle. I think color is on the rebound in the cattle industry. The cow is very nice.

MillIronQH":a7qlqjvp said:
tlmcr":a7qlqjvp said:
I think color is on the rebound in the cattle industry. The cow is very nice.

Color is on the rebound. In San Francisco or New york City any one of those hides is probably worth more then the critter wearing it. Heck there's a place just east of San Marcos that sells hides like that for $450-600.

BTW... I think you under-rated the cow. Any rancher would die happy with a pasture full of cows of that quality.Z

My mentor in the cattle business, I guess you could call him a mentor. He always told me it doesn't matter a damn what color the hide is as long has you have quality. Quality will sell over hide color any day. He proved it, he sold red better than he sold black. The reds were nicer, when the blacks where looking for shade in the hot summer the reds where out there eating.

We've sold at both Stratford and Marion with mixed results. Cull cows bring a good price, last time I got more for my culls than my finished steer. We mostly sell private treaty, breeding stock. We have a few buyers that take all the feeder steers we can supply so usually don't have many to ship. We do raise breeding bulls and the ones that don't sell we generally get a great price at Equity, same going rate as black hided animals. We realize we get dinged for the color, but it's what's underneath that counts! Lucky for the buyer that gets a good deal because the hide is red. Next time maybe he'll come to me direct when he can't find that Pinzgauer at the sale barn!

Nice looking cattle.

I really like the looks of that last calf (#634), head, frame, etc.

They would get docked is some areas because of the color though :? .

Thanks, We are! She was the deciding factor in buying an entire herd. There are more like her and some even nicer. She's a good momma and so far, only heifer calves from her. She likes to pose for the camara, as do her daughters! She's quite the gal.

Latest posts