Some nights, when I can't sleep...

Help Support CattleToday:

Slightly familiar with his story. Unfortunatly, being a musician is not a very marketable skill.

Marketing to free viewing isn't a very lucrative way to make a living. The pennies that ads pay may add up, but I doubt many if any are paying their house notes off it. Google makes way more $$$$ off Youtube ads than the developer of the video ever will. (Google owns Youtube)

greybeard":1rb0cg32 said:
Marketing to free viewing isn't a very lucrative way to make a living. The pennies that ads pay may add up, but I doubt many if any are paying their house notes off it. Google makes way more $$$$ off Youtube ads than the developer of the video ever will. (Google owns Youtube)

Nobody knew who Steve 'n' Seagulls or Abby the Spoon Lady were, until they became YouTube stars. Now they sell albums and go on tour. FWIW, it pays about $16 per 10,000 views. Most youtubers that make a living at it will have a new video every week, and they each get hundreds of thousands, if not millions of views per video. Combine that with a loyal Patreon following, and plenty of houses have been bought.

Farm Fence Solutions":17l8y267 said:
greybeard":17l8y267 said:

Nobody knew who Steve 'n' Seagulls or Abby the Spoon Lady were, until they became YouTube stars. Now they sell albums and go on tour. FWIW, it pays about $16 per 10,000 views. Most youtubers that make a living at it will have a new video every week, and they each get hundreds of thousands, if not millions of views per video. Combine that with a loyal Patreon following, and plenty of houses have been bought.

More like videos every day. Here's a list of "the highest paid youtube stars." I'd say they're doing "OK."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/4 ... aking-123m

Farm Fence Solutions":30cz4gs8 said:
greybeard":30cz4gs8 said:

Who?

Latest posts