Some new ladies

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Just went and picked up some ladies for the smallest lease property.
2 red angus sisters and 2 braford looking ladies that look like they could be sisters also.
3 are 4 months bred and 1 6 month bred.
Need some condition on them but I think they will bounce back well.
photo-96.jpg

Solid mouths?
Looks like a good buy if you got them bought for the right price. I like buying solid colors and brockle faced cows in sets like that because it shows planned breeding so I usually don't get surprised by a calf that won't match anything else I own.

I hope so. They're on enough grass for a good while but I'd like to see more under them too

That picture was taken after they were on a trailer for 3 hrs. And the area i let them out happened to have that sand pit right there. Figured someone would say something about it.
I Do need to spray that field for weeds and fertilize it though

I like to see real pictures, I have plenty of sand in my pastures. Looks like you got it in drive and your foot to the floor.

Gave them a few days to settle in. Went over today and found out they know what a bag of feed is. And once settled in I can walk right up to them and move them any which way I want to with normal hand movements or a stick

Thanks for the encouragement folks. But if you really want to help me out, tell me I can't do it and it won't work. Works every time with me for some reason

hooknline":2atwhsn0 said:
Thanks for the encouragement folks. But if you really want to help me out, tell me I can't do it and it won't work. Works every time with me for some reason
Okay . . . . This will be a miserable failure, Hook. What were you think'n?? :shock:

Feel better now? :)

It's on now. Be right back. Gonna go buy another 100 for 20 acres. First florida feedlot in the last 20 years. Hahah

Your ladies adapting pretty well? Only reason I ask is cause I bought a couple of pairs around the same time one is thriving while the other is kinda dragging behind. I have never bought pairs and didn't know if it was normal for one to lose some condition due to the area change.

They are doing good. One hasn't filled out like I expected. Only about a month in tho so we will see how she does as time goes.

Latest posts