Sold Some Yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

CCCowman

Reaction score
Took some off the a place in SW Virginia. They post the prices on Tuesday and that's pretty much what you get. They only docked me on one... off color heifer. Bull had gotten in my neighbors field and "found" his Holstein cow. He didn't want the calf so I bought it for $100 and bottle fed it.Been lucky to get $.70/lb at the market

First time I've sold here..... I liked the way they do it. I'm OK with the prices I got

# Sex Color Weight $$/LB
2 Heifer Black 560 1.21
1 Bull Dark Red 605 1.17
2 Bull Black 550 1.31
3 Heifer Black 375 1.28
4 Bull Black 380 1.37
1 Heifer Off Color 405 1.09

I used to sell a lot of calves there. I always get more per pound selling at the market in Abingdon VA than what CH has posted online. Even with the sell bill I come out ahead.

pricefarm said:
I used to sell a lot of calves there. I always get more per pound selling at the market in Abingdon VA than what CH has posted online. Even with the sell bill I come out ahead.

This was my first time there. Overall I was Ok with what I got. I had (3) that I know would have been docked hard if I'd taken them to Tri-State. The off-colored heifer and 2 dark red bulls (all the others were black).The 2 bulls were really nice. But I've never seen a red one not get docked at the barn.

I've always heard both places were good to sell at. Several folks from my area in Northeast Tn sell in Abingdon and Glade Springs because they say the prices are quite a bit better than our local markets here.

Latest posts