Solar Electric Fence Chargers

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes Patriot is a low end version of the S500
Years ago they had a promotion and had a display we sold
The guy we had in Kansas sold lots of the displays
When I took over I had the fun job of going around and picking them up and handling the warranty work
I swear I picked up more than we sold
They were junk but I've heard they're better now
After the experience I had I try to talk them out of the patriot and upgrade to a speedrite

I have a Patriot that's probably the same one in the picture. Been bulletproof now for 2 years--bought it at McCoys Builders--they also double as the Preifert dealer here so I usually go there for all my fencing stuff.

greybeard":qyik68ts said:
I have a Patriot that's probably the same one in the picture. Been bulletproof now for 2 years--bought it at McCoys Builders--they also double as the Preifert dealer here so I usually go there for all my fencing stuff.

Mccoys carries bekaret wire. Imo the best value in net wire. They make a fixed not wire that's is as good as staytuff, for the cost of most hinged knot nets.

greybeard":1o2ju5gn said:

I heard they were better now, Now maybe I won't cringe when someone orders them

I have two Parmak 12 solar chargers. Probably 10 or 11 years. I had to replace the batteries one time. They work great and at an affordable price. I had a Parmak 6 volt solar too. It worked just fine for shorter runs until my son hit it with the bucket of an excavator. No solar panel is made to with stand that kind of abuse.

I would just buy a 12v charger and put an appropriate sized solar panel on the battery. This way you can change one component at a time and you will not be limited to buying the charger manufacturers batteries.

hillbilly beef man":3mdlb4mo said:
I would just buy a 12v charger and put an appropriate sized solar panel on the battery. This way you can change one component at a time and you will not be limited to buying the charger manufacturers batteries.

That's the way I'm leaning. :tiphat:

Latest posts