So tiny! Why?

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty good paycheck. I guess BH is your usual buyer and knows your cattle? Commissions are cheap at that barn. $7 for video? Thats a new one for me.

Pretty good paycheck. I guess BH is your usual buyer and knows your cattle? Commissions are cheap at that barn. $7 for video? Thats a new one for me.
Yes, he's the buyer for Creekstone. I always get a premium for my calves, but don't always bring the highest bid. Doing the happy dance!

I think their commissions are very reasonable. Plus, I send them my spreadsheet in advance, and they market them as early consignments (a little healthy competition never hurts). Auctioneer reads everything on my spreadsheet: 60 days weaned, all their vaccinations, heifers guaranteed open, etc.

Them smaller steers are bringing great money here as well!

What's the story on the 575lb female?
So, I clarified my epic fail on posting the wrong data but didn't answer your question. That little girl was part of last year's calves and I have no idea what caused it, but she looked like a fireplug with bowed-in legs; short, squatty & funny looking. Mama raised an enormous steer this year, so must have just been a fluke.

Attachments

• IMG_20201104_083022.jpg
    IMG_20201104_083022.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
So, I clarified my epic fail on posting the wrong data but didn't answer your question. That little girl was part of last year's calves and I have no idea what caused it, but she looked like a fireplug with bowed-in legs; short, squatty & funny looking. Mama raised an enormous steer this year, so must have just been a fluke.
Oooo! I remember you posting pics of her somewhere on here!
Bless her lil heart!

I watched a fireplug bull calf sell yesterday. He was cut out of a group. I almost bought him. Several hundred cheaper. Meh... I got better things to waste money on I guess! 🤣

Latest posts