Slow computer repair?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb":glssvu7q said:
It could perhaps be a hardware problem. Swollen or blown caps on the motherboard could slow a computer right down.

That will cause a spontaneous reboot not a general slow running condition.

If you happen to be running icloud in the background, that could be a major part of the speed issues. I had to replace my old phone and the only one I could find small enough to fit in my pocket was an iphone se. To upload from the computer I had to install itunes and icloud came with it. Computer kept getting slower and sower. Yesterday I removed icloud from the computer and just like magic, it's back to full speed.

I'm not sure a 7 yr old computer will have the resources to run Windows10. I have w10 on a 3 yr old laptop and like it (once the learning curve was mounted) but overall, still prefer w7.

alisonb":36wcouau said:
shaz":36wcouau said:
alisonb":36wcouau said:
It could perhaps be a hardware problem. Swollen or blown caps on the motherboard could slow a computer right down.

That will cause a spontaneous reboot not a general slow running condition.
Not always ;-)
https://www.technibble.com/forums/threads/please-help-settle-a-debate-for-me-blown-caps.52786/

This is a repair I've done on 5 different PCs in the last 2 years. Same symptom every time. Computer will boot and run for a minute or so and then crash, repeat process.

alisonb":5nfl6wm4 said:
Well then Shaz...spose i should bow down to your superior knowledge :mrgreen:

Sorry if it came off that way. Not my intention. Peace.

Seems like an issue with the hard drive.
At first, I would recommend to test it for errors with "HDD Health".
This program can display a hard drive's statistics, such as the temperature of the drive, it's overall health, and every other attribute.
If the hard drive appears to be bad or is generating errors indicating its bad I suggest replacing it.

dun":1qql55dm said:
slick4591":1qql55dm said:
I cussed Windows 10 for about 6 months because it was different than 7. Now that I've figured it out I'm okay with it, but 7 still seems better for my purposes.
I'm still cussing it because it's different then XP. But I cussed XP because it was different than DOS. But any of them are an improvement over CPM
Me too and had one large program that would not run on 10 and I could not find an update. Computer Geek came out and installed Oracle Virtual Box, then literally installed my laptop with XP onto my Desktop with Windows 10 and I have two computers with their own operating systems running on one desktop.

Latest posts