slick 50 penetrating oil

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie

Reaction score
It has been several years but I bought a case of slick 50 spray oil. Best I have ever found. I can't seem to find it anymore. Has anyone noticed any where you shop?

hate to say it but try ebay, ya never know?

but seriously have you looked at walmart or any auto parts stores that are old and been there long time, they may have stacks in there back rooms just a thought

You are right ollie. That stuff is great. Can't find it here either. I buy open gear lube from NAPA for my balers chains and stuff. I buy by the case and still have to pay $4.50/can. I know the slick 50 won't work on the chains (slings off) but it sure is good for other stuff.

flaboy":ttsxgtf4 said:
You are right ollie. That stuff is great. Can't find it here either. I buy open gear lube from NAPA for my balers chains and stuff. I buy by the case and still have to pay $4.50/can. I know the slick 50 won't work on the chains (slings off) but it sure is good for other stuff.
The propellent in the cans went flat after you used them a time or two so that may be the trouble. I would buy it by the quart or gallon if it was available though . I am familiar already with putting the remainder from the can that won't spray into an old oil squirt can. Works fine.

Susie David":2q3d7jaa said:
I use Marvel Mistry Oil Smells pretty good too...
I've about decided that the worse it smells the better it works. I've got some stuff at work that smells like a rendering truck, but it never fails to do the job. Ollie, I asked at the auto parts store today about the Slick 50 stuff. The fella there said he can't get it from his supplier anymore. He didn't know if they had quit making it. One I've been using for a couple years now is called PB B'laster. Not outrageously expensive. Works good. Smells not so good, but you can stand it.

Chuck":3in3whg2 said:
One I've been using for a couple years now is called PB Blaster.

Blaster works good. Was out of cool lube one day, blaster was sitting there so I grabbed it. Hmmm, blaster is not so good to use on clipper blades.

Liquid wrench and pb blaster can't hold a light to slick 50. No kidding.

ollie":1zxg3w7c said:
Liquid wrench and pb blaster can't hold a light to slick 50. No kidding.

I agree ollie. Liguid wrench and PB Blaster is pretty good for freeing rusty bolts but for a lubricant, slick 50 is great.

I don't like liquid wrench for anything. PB Blaster is a pretty good knockitloose.

Yaers ago I bought a case of the stuff that they use to breakloose fittings in refrigeration plants. Stinks awfull but will break loose just about anything that isn;t welded. Only have one bottle left and if PB doesn't work, then I break out the good stuff. I used up the slick 50 stuff years ago thinking I'ld just get more........wrong again!

dun

certherfbeef":2o4t3cyu said:
Chuck":2o4t3cyu said:
One I've been using for a couple years now is called PB Blaster.

Blaster works good. Was out of cool lube one day, blaster was sitting there so I grabbed it. Hmmm, blaster is not so good to use on clipper blades.
A set of clippers in clean hair will run a long, long time on slick 50 with out re oiling. Maybe 30 min or an hour???

Latest posts