Sky....can you do this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hoss not even on my best day buddy lol I would have cut myself 30 times by the time I hit 2 minutes loliI wonder what kind of knife that is cause I want 1. I thought I could skin fast as well that man is a beast.

It's a boning knife. You can get them a restaurant supply. I have to admit I started skinning them like he does this year and it is easy. I have always deboned them hanging like he does.

The trick to skinning that fast is to do it while the deer is hot, have a sharp knife, and not be afraid of holes. :lol2:

I skinned a muskrat once in 1 min 30 sec, although he was pretty fleshy when I got done. :dunce:

M5farm":cltnit60 said:
It's a boning knife. You can get them a restaurant supply. I have to admit I started skinning them like he does this year and it is easy. I have always deboned them hanging like he does.

Are you sure? It looks like one of those Bubba blade filet knifes.

I know one thing I've never used a blade that long for skinning. I do use a boning knife for boning and cutting meat up but not skinning. I'd probably cut something that I'm not supposed to with that thing.

Deepsouth":ebmgf4p1 said:
M5farm":ebmgf4p1 said:

Are you sure? It looks like one of those Bubba blade filet knifes.

I know one thing I've never used a blade that long for skinning. I do use a boning knife for boning and cutting meat up but not skinning. I'd probably cut something that I'm not supposed to with that thing.

I looked at again and your right its a ginsu knife by billy mays

3waycross":crnai202 said:
I'd like to turn him loose on a cold bull Elk and see how fast he is.

Yeah, that would probably take him 2 and half minutes to do. :lol2:

Any of you ever tried using air? I did one. Poke a small hole in the middle of the back. Stick the end of the nozzle in the hole and pinch a seal around it and then let her rip. Blows up like a balloon and then peals off pretty easily. Made a pretty big difference.

Only thing, I worry about compressor oil contamination. Probably nothing. Anyone else tried it or have thoughts on that?

Commercialfarmer":3i2ipg6u said:
Any of you ever tried using air? I did one. Poke a small hole in the middle of the back. Stick the end of the nozzle in the hole and pinch a seal around it and then let her rip. Blows up like a balloon and then peals off pretty easily. Made a pretty big difference.

Only thing, I worry about compressor oil contamination. Probably nothing. Anyone else tried it or have thoughts on that?

I do that with gators. The deer usually have a large hole already in them from the 30'06

I skint one onetime my mama Hit on her school bus. when I got the hide down around the rump it slid off like a silk dress on prom night.

Commercialfarmer":2mk7bpdt said:

have seen it on U-tube but never done it personally. Have also see guys hang up a deer, cut a hole in it and put a large rock inside. Put the rope around the skin with the rock inside it and rive off pulling the skin off the deer as it goes. Think all they did was slit it around the neck first.

Commercialfarmer":1mpcowmw said:

That's the way they have been doing it for years at the rending plants. Only problem is if they have a hole in them then you just get a blow out.
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/dirty ... -a-cow.htm

Best way to skin cold deer is to use a golf ball, and winch.

TexasBred":1h0624fi said:
have seen it on U-tube but never done it personally. Have also see guys hang up a deer, cut a hole in it and put a large rock inside. Put the rope around the skin with the rock inside it and rive off pulling the skin off the deer as it goes. Think all they did was slit it around the neck first.

I used to do my deer like that all the time when I skinned outside with my 2 side pole 1 top pole hanging thing I built for my deer. I now skin inside a shed where I have a hoist mounted to pick the deer up on a beam and id be too scared it would mess up a roof support doing that. The easiest way to skin a deer is when its hot by far. I killed alot of deer this past year that had big globs of fat on them and after they got cold it was pure H E 11 trying to skin it and get those globs of fat off the deer without messing the meat up. I ate a rack of ribs that I couldnt get all the fat off of figuring when i cook it all the fat would melt off... WRONG WRONG WRONG.. I bit into a piece and it had that nasty fat and nothing I ate tasted right for a good 12 hours and made my mouth feel and taste funny.

Latest posts