Skull ID?

Help Support CattleToday:

1/2 mile from you is about 9 miles from me. I saw a game camera picture of a mountain lion not far from Lilly Yeager Loop. I've always suspected we had a few around, haven't seen one personally though. There's a lot of national forest in this county......

I used to go to church on Lilly Yeager Loop.
The Yeagers are one of the old families on this end of the county. Their old home place (log house) is on Mizzel Lane which is the road where you see the Bushman Plant Farm Sign. One of the Yeagers cut pulpwood off this place in the mid 60s..the old fashioned way. A smoky Poulan bow saw, a deadman winch and a raggedy old bobtail truck that looked and sounded like every trip would be its last. His wife and kids helped load.
Those little pulpwood trucks used to be all over this country till the mills went to chip n saw. I don't think any of'em ever had a muffler.......

Last edited:
This guy is good and significantly less than most but he quoted me 1300. He tried to talk me into a full live mount as the bear has a white spot on his chest. For that he wanted 3200. I thought about it but it was a bit above my means. Also we are in a small oldass double wide with low ceilings until we can build in the next 5yrs or so and I am gonna need 10 ft ceilings to not feel closterphobic with this guy.. rug it is.
yeah you would need a dedicated room for that I would think. a rug is way more practical. I had no idea what something like that would run. we don't hunt but both my Grandfathers did and I have two big mule deer heads, and a javelina off this place from them and an old steer the ranch Grampa had gathered wild in the mountains when he was young. the bear was from a friend.

This is a picture of the skull of my mountain lion. There are a lot of similarities to the pictures that GB posted. The one difference is that ridge down the top. Mine is a young cat. But on the day I picked up the skull the skull from the neighbors big old tom was sitting on the table beside it. I didn't notice that ridge on that skull either. And that was a 196 pound mature tom.

P3042790.JPG

Latest posts