Sittin hay on big truck tires?

Help Support CattleToday:

Texasmark said:
Bigfoot said:
pricefarm said:
Could you pour a gravel pad with some larger rocks so it would drain water good ? I just think trying to set the rolls on tires and dealing with that many tires would be a pain.

I could. I've been threatening to get a dump truck. A 20 ton load of rock is $400. A few loads at that price would build a roof with no sides.

Ground up used concrete will go for about $450 here; truck and pup advertising 20-25T. Problem with anything of the sort trucked in is that the area is growing leaps and bounds and as a result, things are pricy.

On building a hay barn, I have seen some very large ones around here and most have 3 sides. I just wonder what a good wind does to something like that? I do agree, getting the hay up on high ground, under a permanent cover is what needs to be done, especially if you are not net wrapping.

I had tornado number 6 about a month ago. I'm kinda over buildings. I didn't say that earlier, but that's how I feel.

Three sided barns need to be built pretty stout. If I was trying to save some cash on the build I'd just build a roof with open sides so the wind will just blow through. A tornado can destroy any building built.....that's why you insure them. I've spent allot of money on things at the ranch just like everyone rlse on this board has, I'd say the hay barn ranks up there at the top on money well spent.

Bigfoot said:
Texasmark said:
Bigfoot said:
I could. I've been threatening to get a dump truck. A 20 ton load of rock is $400. A few loads at that price would build a roof with no sides.

Ground up used concrete will go for about $450 here; truck and pup advertising 20-25T. Problem with anything of the sort trucked in is that the area is growing leaps and bounds and as a result, things are pricy.

On building a hay barn, I have seen some very large ones around here and most have 3 sides. I just wonder what a good wind does to something like that? I do agree, getting the hay up on high ground, under a permanent cover is what needs to be done, especially if you are not net wrapping.

I had tornado number 6 about a month ago. I'm kinda over buildings. I didn't say that earlier, but that's how I feel.

Sorry for your pain but glad YOU are still with us. :banana:

Latest posts