Sindi Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Greetings, Has anyone heard of a Sindi,sindy, cindi,cindy cattle breed. Not sure of spelling of name. I bought one in asia, but I was told her origins are Europe. She is a large, Tall, full bodied, Horned , Red Cow. Thanks for your help.

http://[email protected]

> Greetings, Has anyone heard of a
> Sindi,sindy, cindi,cindy cattle
> breed. Not sure of spelling of
> name. I bought one in asia, but I
> was told her origins are Europe.
> She is a large, Tall, full bodied,
> Horned , Red Cow. Thanks for your
> help. Yes I know a bit about Red Sindhi Cattle they originated in the Sind area of Pakistan, a fairly arid area. They are a quite small milking strain of pure Zebu. They are dark red have a plentiful milk supply,quiet,horned,lighter boned than most breeds. They have been used as a base for a lot of Red Brahmans in Australia because of their red colouring. They are "paddle footed" to some degree, they can be prone to be bottle teated. They are a great little breed that is very underrated and little is known about them. Another great point about them is that they are troublefree calvers. I would prefer to use a Red Sindhi bull over my heifers than some of the more fashionable breeds that boast that they are troublefree. You get the added advantage of them being a pure Zebu with much more hybrid vigour than a Brahman. Another Zebu breed that is similar but a little larger is the Sahiwal another pure Zebu from Pakistan. Best wishes Colin

[email protected]

Latest posts