simmie show heifer#2

Help Support CattleToday:

prsimmental

Reaction score
this is one of our other siimmental heifers that will be shown KY BEEF EXPO in March, how does she grade ?
IMG_0081.JPG

ote="*Cowgirl*"]I like her. How old is she?[/quote] She is 8 mo. old her weaning weight was 660 @6 mo. old .her dam is a Legacy151. her sire is a MR MT son .

I still like her. I don't know much about sim bloodlines. I might llike to her a bit bigger, but she looks good to me.

I like the first heifer better. Both are nice, big, feminine heifers that look like cows, not feeder steers. Both appear stout, with plenty of bone. #2 lacks the depth of flank of the first heifer, and also appears to have a weaker top. Both are just too trashy fronted for what I would look for to place at the top end of a Simmental Show heifer class. Both should be Excellent replacement heifers.

Both heifers are really nice - especially out of your own bull - that's super!!
Good luck at the show & sale.
And 660# at 6 months is an excellent weight.
I like the looks of this heifer over the 1st. Just a little more "stylish". the white is deceiving making her look a little more shallow than the first one.

Thanks for comment. Last year we took two of his first crop of calves to the Ky. Beef Expo. They were May and June and both won their classes and sold above average. We were really pleased, as that was our first year for showing. This year we are taking 3 heifers that we believe are even better.

Latest posts