Simbrah Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
485876_499094413435522_295248975_n.jpg

I've been halter breaking this 5 month old heifer. Weaned her early to save her dam some condition. Her baby hair is so downy like and fluffy after you blow it making her look larger than she really it. I so hope she keeps it through the winter shows. I love her other than her short hips. Disposition is A+. Plan on taking her and a bull to San Antonio in February.

If a Simbrah or any other Brahman derived breed is fluffy or a bit woolly in the coat. They simply don't have enough Brahman content. Brahman derived breeds and Brahman itself are the simplest tp prepare for a show. Fitters here in Australia charge more per head to prepare a non Brahman animal.

It is still her baby hair. When she sheds out, she will be slick if she follows in her dam's pattern. Also, here Simbrah can float a 1/16 of something else and still be a purebred. However, she isn't floating anything. For them to do well in the show ring, you have to knock the brahman characteristic off. Sad but true. She was dinged by the State Fair judge for still having too much brahman influence. She she might grow out of her "neck and navel leather".

If a judge here in Australia downgraded a Brahman derived breed for having too much Brahman he would be not be asked to judge the breeds again. If a Brahman derived breed doesn't have adequate Brahman content then it defeats the purpose and the name should just be Simmental cross. Take a look at the Simbrah cattle here in Australia they are beautiful.

Latest posts