Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Heard that Ontario was experimenting with a guaranteed monthly income to support the poor, and to bypass the administrative cost social services. Are you up on this Aaron?

There are four? cities being used as the pilot project. All total, it includes 4,000 individuals. Closest pilot city to me is Thunder Bay, rest are to the East. Each individual will be given $17,000 CDN ($13k US) a year and it will not affect their eligibility or payout amounts from other welfare programs. Between basic welfare payments, and the program, a person would get about 30k CDN a year. If they have a child under 18, they also get a federal payment of 6k per year for each child they have. So two parents on welfare with 3 kids would get about 78k CDN (60k US) a year, some of which is taxable.

Once Conservative Party takes over in June, the program will be axed.

Stocker Steve":ut0kziye said:
And I like really liked Thunder Bay. I dated a second generation Italian girl from there some years ago.
And now you can get paid to move there and find the girl again!

ez14.":2j8a0jhk said:
Stocker Steve":2j8a0jhk said:
And I like really liked Thunder Bay. I dated a second generation Italian girl from there some years ago.
And now you can get paid to move there and find the girl again!

Naw. He found a keeper. You on the other hand... :)

Hard to find workers in some parts of the US. We have a lot of 60 to 75 year olds farming here. Many milked cows in a flat barn previously, and now are getting joints replaced or having back operations to keep going.

Latest posts