Sick of snakes

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I've had about enough! I am going to box up a few hundred and send them down to Jogeephus as he seems to like them. I have been doing some dozer work to fix the levee on my lake. I had to push back several yards of woods behind the levee to be able to dig it out and get a dump truck in there. Evidently I got them stirred up. I have shot about a dozen over the last few days. I got 2 copperheads yesterday. I have been keeping a .357 mag on the dozer loaded with snake shot. Seems I am overran with copperheads and water moccasins. Last week it was like the wild west and I felt like marshall dillon with my fast draw. I hate snakes.....don't mind the big black snakes, garter snakes and king snakes but the rest are heart attacks waiting to happen. Been fortunate that I have not seen many rattlesnakes much this year. Just a couple all summer.

I bought a 40 acre piece last year and have saw more snakes out there this year than I've seen in the last 10 combined. Nothing poisonous yet but they had all better watch out once I start to build.

HOSS":10544eyl said:
I've had about enough! I am going to box up a few hundred and send them down to Jogeephus as he seems to like them. I have been doing some dozer work to fix the levee on my lake. I had to push back several yards of woods behind the levee to be able to dig it out and get a dump truck in there. Evidently I got them stirred up. I have shot about a dozen over the last few days. I got 2 copperheads yesterday. I have been keeping a .357 mag on the dozer loaded with snake shot. Seems I am overran with copperheads and water moccasins. Last week it was like the wild west and I felt like marshall dillon with my fast draw. I hate snakes.....don't mind the big black snakes, garter snakes and king snakes but the rest are heart attacks waiting to happen. Been fortunate that I have not seen any rattlesnakes much this year. Just a couple all summer.
got one in the freezer now,, ready for the grille. 11 rattlers and a button,, id rather deal with them as a moccasin anyday

ALACOWMAN":1ssh0t72 said:
HOSS":1ssh0t72 said:
I've had about enough! I am going to box up a few hundred and send them down to Jogeephus as he seems to like them. I have been doing some dozer work to fix the levee on my lake. I had to push back several yards of woods behind the levee to be able to dig it out and get a dump truck in there. Evidently I got them stirred up. I have shot about a dozen over the last few days. I got 2 copperheads yesterday. I have been keeping a .357 mag on the dozer loaded with snake shot. Seems I am overran with copperheads and water moccasins. Last week it was like the wild west and I felt like marshall dillon with my fast draw. I hate snakes.....don't mind the big black snakes, garter snakes and king snakes but the rest are heart attacks waiting to happen. Been fortunate that I have not seen any rattlesnakes much this year. Just a couple all summer.
got one in the freezer now,, ready for the grille. 11 rattlers and a button,, id rather deal with them as a moccasin anyday

Yep! they won't run down and bite you!

Mostly been moccasins and then the coppers. The area behind the levee is rather swampy with some standing water and thick as a jungle. Great moccasin habitat. They are aggressive. They will strike at the dozer treads which I am sure has bradded a few fangs :)

HOSS":2u5jhd5d said:
I've had about enough! I am going to box up a few hundred and send them down to Jogeephus as he seems to like them.
Don;t forget the bright blue spray paint!

Dont matter to me what kind of snake it is... if I see it, its gonna end up being a dead one!

Wouldn't it be just as much fun to run them over with the Cat? The tracks should do a good job of crushing them. if they run you get to chase them. If they turn and fight...... well you have them out gunned.

The vibration of the machinery will cause them to stir out of their holes in the ground. If it gets cool, becareful getting on the dozer in the morining cause they will lay up near the tracks. However if you simply paint them blue then they are easily seen and you can step over them.

Jogeephus":32eq5e18 said:
The vibration of the machinery will cause them to stir out of their holes in the ground. If it gets cool, becareful getting on the dozer in the morining cause they will lay up near the tracks. However if you simply paint them blue then they are easily seen and you can step over them.

Im not sure I could stay on the loader if one decided to crawl up from the bottom and join me on the operators platform. Hope you are fast with the .357 Hoss.

They have been known to hang on to the tract and ride it all the way around. Not to bad on a flat track, High track is a little different. Have run over them and they stuck to the mud on the track and came all the way around.

I must be making a dent. I didn't see any yesterday.
The Cat has an enclosed cab and flat tracks so I feel pretty safe. After all the practice I have gotten in with the S&W Mod 19 I feel like Clint Eastwood. I am thinking about trading my cargo shorts in for chaps, boots, cowboy hat and mexican poncho. You know it's bad when you have to start fanning the sixgun to make multiple hits :)

I may paint them fourescent orange and tie a bell to their tails :)

there is a house just around from me, that is built over a mountain spout spring.right against the mountain ,on concrete slab, been there for years... the folks that live there get regular visits from snakes outside ....
and inside :shock: though i aint afraid of em... i dont want to wake up with one coiled up on my chest :cowboy:

Jogeephus":1qe7zsm7 said:
I think you should just be happy to have such biodiverity right there at your feet. :lol2:
I like it better when it is diverse under somebody else's feet :mrgreen:

M5farm":22v6bv3y said:
you should call the "turtle Man" he would go "live action" on em
The Turtle Man is actually Jogeephus. How do you think he makes his money to fund his imbalancer program? :mrgreen:

Latest posts