Show Supplies

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeereboy

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a cattle clipper. I don't need a top of the line, but a nice easy to use clipper. I want to get it so I can practice on some other calves before I clip my show cow.

What do you use or reccomend?
Do you have to have a blower or a vaccuum?
Are there any other show supplies I should have?

Thanks for the help

I use a Sunbeam Stewart Clipmaster Model 510 A for the body and legs and I use a Andis Model E ear clipper for the face and ears. Yes, you do need a blower unless you want your calf to drip-dry after being washed.

Andis Ultra edge Clippers they run about 135.00 and yes you need a blower contact sullivans supply they usually sell used ones around 200 to 250 brand new there 338.50

• Health papers
•Proof of entry
•Project book completed to date
•Water and a hose
• Feed pan
• Bucket
• Fan (if needed for hot weather ventilation)
• Bedding (if not provided at the roundup)
• Feed (hay and grain)
• Pitch fork and broom
• Clean rags
• Rice root brush
• Curry comb
• Livestock soap
• Rope and show halters
• Show stick
• Neck rope
• Scotch comb
• Blocking chute
• Blower (optional)
• Electric clippers
• Extension cord
•Grooming adhesives and foams
• Adhesive remover
• Hoof coloring
• Clean rags
• Show clothes (check show rules for what to
wear)
• Registration papers (if required)

That is what Peen State says you need for a show...

I'm going to stick with my Laube Micros. They fit your hand better than Andis and cut at double the speed.

ok i called sullivans yesterday i called both stores, the sullivan north had a sullivan express for 250 and a circiteer 2 for 150 th e sullivan north had 5 sullivan expresses for 200-300.

really since it seems you are new to showing you could get buy with

-a used blower
-rope halter
-show halter
-show stick
-combs
-used blocking chute(go to http://members.boardhost.com/clubcalves/ and make a post and ask for a used grooming chutes)
-shovels
-clippers

now for the clippers i have never called sullivans for used clippers but i think they have some. also you might try ebay. i also have a set of sunbeam 510 a clippers with hair head that i would be willing to part with.

I see a lot of clippers with the option wide blade or narrow blade. what is both used for and which one would be better for all around?

Are dog trimmers up to quality standards for cattle, I noticed that there are a lot of dog trimmers in the clippers (are they just for advertising) and are they the same as cattle clipper?

Alot of clippers show speeds what is the best speed for all around?

a two speed is the best. and depending on the blades if the blades is wide and it is an x-block than it is the best all around dog trimmers would work for little things like touch ups and arpound the face and may i ask how long are you plannin in show livestock

Moocow11":2bjgs0ec said:
a two speed is the best. and depending on the blades if the blades is wide and it is an x-block than it is the best all around dog trimmers would work for little things like touch ups and arpound the face and may i ask how long are you plannin in show livestock

Always go with the wide blades, but X-Blocks are not for beginners. They are a real fine blade designed for experienced people.

Cowboy 2.0":2idtjttg said:
Moocow11":2idtjttg said:

Always go with the wide blades, but X-Blocks are not for beginners. They are a real fine blade designed for experienced people.

i would start with medium blending

Latest posts