Show String for this year.

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_telly_369

Reaction score
Tear 'em apart...this is the showstring for the last show of the year.

July 2005 heifer-10 year old showing her.
P91013801.jpg

June 2005 heifer-me showing her.
P91013831.jpg

October 2005 heifer-13 year old showing her...twin to heifer shown below.
P91013841.jpg

October 2005 heifer-me showing her.
P91013871.jpg

AngusSenorita":uryhfy9g said:
what breed are they? they all need some more weight

They are Pinzgauer.

What show is going to be your last for the season? Are you going to the Nationals?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but they really need some more weight , they first pic I really didnt have anything good to say, but good luck!

I agree with everyone above. All need to be more feminine and cleaner fronted. (not sure if the wastey front is genetic/trait of this particular breed) They do have some potential though. Given that they need more weight, once you get them there, they should look better.

Put some more weight on them and let us see again, some opinions might change. ;-)

No one is more critical than me but you folks are a little excessive. These little girls are doing a good job and should be proud of their work. Post some of yours and let me critique them for you and we'll see how you stand up.

ollie'":lqtmpr5o said:
No one is more critical than me but you folks are a little excessive. These little girls are doing a good job and should be proud of their work. Post some of yours and let me critique them for you and we'll see how you stand up.
THey asked for our opinion, why sit there and lie and say wow that should win grand champion and then have their hearts sink in sorrow because all of us posted they should win, I tell my daughter every year where that steer might place and i have been right every year except one, i am not trying to hurt their feelings but I know some judges and i know what they look for, honesty is the best policy, if they werent expecting some critiscism why ask then. most people arent going to lie sorry girls if you were offended by any of our remarks, but i wasnt going to tell you something that i couldnt see, I hope you did good!

mystery74":ipzkjhok said:
ollie'":ipzkjhok said:
THey asked for our opinion, why sit there and lie and say wow that should win grand champion and then have their hearts sink in sorrow because all of us posted they should win, I tell my daughter every year where that steer might place and i have been right every year except one, i am not trying to hurt their feelings but I know some judges and i know what they look for, honesty is the best policy, if they werent expecting some critiscism why ask then. most people arent going to lie sorry girls if you were offended by any of our remarks, but i wasnt going to tell you something that i couldnt see, I hope you did good!
If you can look at a picture of cattle and have some hidden ability to know what competition they will have in the show ring and then go on and predict what a judge will do then you should be a very wealthy man. I've won shows I shouldn't have and lost shows I shouldn't have. I didn't feel like the criticism was constructive. If you want to be curt with an adult I have no problem with that but I found your comments unhelpful to these girls. I'll still put out the challenge, post one of yours and see if I can find a hole in it.

ollie'":1z1cev7m said:
mystery74":1z1cev7m said:
ollie'":1z1cev7m said:
If you can look at a picture of cattle and have some hidden ability to know what competition they will have in the show ring and then go on and predict what a judge will do then you should be a very wealthy man. I've won shows I shouldn't have and lost shows I shouldn't have. I didn't feel like the criticism was constructive. If you want to be curt with an adult I have no problem with that but I found your comments unhelpful to these girls. I'll still put out the challenge, post one of yours and see if I can find a hole in it.
They said to tear them apart. We were just commenting on things we saw. Actually, my comment was constructive, they need to put a sweat collar on number 1. You say something constructive ollie.

yes they did ask us to tear then apart and I would agree by the sweat collar, and ollie you show me a perfect steer and that would be better then finding something wrong with the picture i post, ( which i will be posting soon) there is always a steer better then the next ALWAYS, I have yet to hear a judge not make a comment on how to make the grand champion better, they asked and we judged in our eyes, If you cant take a little critisism dont ask for it,

d6cattleman":22eaw0mt said:
ollie'":22eaw0mt said:
mystery74":22eaw0mt said:
ollie'":22eaw0mt said:
You say something constructive ollie.
Number 3 is a good heifer. She's better than 80% of the cattle I see posted on here.

I am curious how you girls did at your show. I actually like all 4 of them, with pic #3 being my favorite, and pic #1 being the least favorite, not as feminine head, and her top line could be a bit straighter. I have a little experience with the pinz, not much, and they are a hard animal to beat in many respects. Not sure about the comments about the sweat collar, but then, I don't show..... I think their neck/skin is a breed characteristic. At least I don't think I've seen a pinz with a "clean front" as they call it.

Anyway, I hope you did well at your show, and let us know what happened.

Michele

cowgirl, they all look like they have a lot of loose skin at the throatlatch. Is this a Pinzguaer trait?
I kinda like the looks of them. Not sure about #1 though

Latest posts