Show cattle routine

Help Support CattleToday:

It depends on the show, if it is a fair or jackpot. The fairs are different as well.

It also depends on your own scheldule on the ranch. What you do, and how you do it. Not everyone is the same. :wave:

:welcome: Welcome :welcome:
My feeling on the farm v fair routine:
My kids have been taught, a show animal should be treated like a show animal, every day. :shock:
Your daily routine at the fair will be the same routine on the farm. The only difference between home and fair is the products you use to prep for show day. Now we need to know if it's possible your animals could grow a coat or will it be slick. Do you have a cooler barn or will they be in the hot sun. The big question, "how tough is the competition in your area?" and "have you ever shown before?" Also, to be a good showman, you must be able to see your animals' faults. Is it possible, for you to be in the running for grand at your local fair? Or is your goal to just make auction? We buy different animals for this alone. We have two steers that will be very challenging to get into auction, we do not jackpot these animals. They are treated every day like they are champions, and like they would be going to jackpots, the daily routine is the same for them as for our grand hopefuls.
If my kids get lucky and make it in the top 4 of their class with these two animals, they will make great money on them. For us it's worth the gamble.
So, give us a little more info, be very truthful where do you expect the animal to place and we will go from there.
This board is all about helping the fellow showman, good luck and Ill help with whatever questions you have on showing :D

I do not have a scheldule at the farm. What I have seen she grows a coat of hair and when it is wet it is slick but it puffs back up. They will be under a roof with shade and fans with a breeze. I have not shown before and I will be going to different counties so I do not know the people. It may be possible to be in a top class in my area. If anybody wants to see a pic give me a e-mail because the pic is to big to post.

Moocow11":39t1xnv3 said:
Upload it on photobucket, and you can resize it from there.

I'm i redneck that does not know how to do that so pm me your e-mail and I will let you do it

Braun I hope you got the pm I sent you. If you need some advice on setting up a cooler barn let me know. Hope all goes well and good luck :D

Latest posts