Show 2010

Help Support CattleToday:

Before people were knowledgeable in photoshop catalogue and advertisement photos were just fine. Just took a few rolls of film. If a picture is touched up is DOES make you ask what else is touched. Just because you lot are honest folk, doesnt mean everyone else is.

But the heifer looks nice. I'd like her hind quarters to be a tad deeper to make her a tiny bit more proportionate (in my opinion). Otherwise fantastic heifer.

Ryan":23kdrvsm said:
I understand where you are coming from. I understand that when the background is changed people will say to themselves (or others) "if the background is altered, is the animal, too?" That is where trusting the person who took and altered the picture comes in. However, why must they be "in their working clothes"? If I have a show heifer for sale, wouldnt it be best to fit her as if she was ready for a show? If I have a product I am trying to move (cattle, cars, gidgets, widgets, etc...), I would want to present it in the best light I can.

Ryan

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said Ryan, Well said :clap: :clap: :clap:

by the way she has great eye apeal :D

You guys crack me up, since the 2 of you could not find anything wrong with the animal herself, you attack the fact that they may have removed the halter with Photoshop.
Apparently if you can't find something bad to say you have nothing to say at all.

I like her, would like to see her as she matures. She does have just the right amount of chrome to catch your aye.

I must apologize to Cowboy 2.0; I posted this prior to reading your reply on the bull Showstick09 posted. I liked both your evaluation of the animal and the fact you gave both the +'s and -'s in a civil and productive manor.

No.. If you can't find anything wrong with the animal, the halter is always a good target :lol: :lol: :nod:
:lol: ROFLMAO :lol: ;-)

Finally back!! Thanks to son's desire to improve our technology and go wireless, we've been offline for nearly 2 weeks!!! arrgh..progress??!

Anyway, what a lively little discussion not related to the the calf. I'm sure it was enhanced cause it was the pic from the sale bill. It was all I had. for what its worth, my opinion is if I look at a sale bill, I expect the item (calf, etc) to be displayed at its very best and even enhanced... If I can't see that, I don't need to be buying anything without laying eyes or even hands on it. Also, if I can't get it to look close to that good later, maybe I should show chickens ....

Ok most importantly, here are a cpl of pictures. One is the heifer in question... now known as Tippy and the other is this years Limi show heifer that did pretty well for us and that we'll show next year too. (Tippy's ears are trimmed in white if you want to study the first pic again.)

Both have just been rinsed with some conditioner just brushed/worked in... no blower yet so please don't pick on them for not looking their best. My photoshop skills stink!

Both heifers are nice. I guess I prefer the chrome heifer.
As far as the first pic - WHO CARES if they took a halter off? - which, btw, I DON'T think they did. I blew the page up to 200% and could not see any trace of a halter - removed or not.
And, that heifer could easily look like that without adhesives - tailhead and all. She obviously has been clipped up. And that is great. You cannot expect to sell QUALITY animals for good $$$$, by presenting them "in their natural appearance". Get real. Just because you shave them & get the dung balls off of them, doesn't mean you are dishonest. No - it means you have a quality animal that you are proud of and you are trying to present it properly.
Even if a picture is photoshopped - who cares? There is no way you would even want to change the appearance of the animal. It's your own reputation you're dealing with. Hello! remember, there will be tons of people (hopefully) looking at her LIVE. If she really & truly had a lumpy topline - don't you think people would say - hmmmm - he/she sure presented a FAKE picture?
Even if you could not GO to the sale & see her live, you would have someone on the end of the phone that (hopefully) you could trust doing the bidding for you.
When you go to someones farm and walk around their animals, you can really take a good look at a specific animal and analyze it. It doesn't matter if the head is shaved or that they might have mud on them. When you are selling using a picture - it better be the best darn picture you can possibly present. An awesome animal can look like a pile of poop in a picture if taken wrong.

The mickey mouse is looking fantastic. I think she looks better in that photo than the initial one you showed us, But her flank is still a little high for me so she doesn't feel as proportional. But she has a great topline and her muscle development is good. Good show ring appeal too. The limo looks a little finer built but still looks like a bigger heifer? She needs a little more muscle development throughout her body I feel. But structurally she looks sound. Just doesn't have the same show ring appeal. In fact I'd go as far as to say that if the limo fills out, I think she would be a better breeding heifer than the mickey mouse.

This is an interesting pair of heifers, and I think they will do very nicely for you. The mickey heifer is looking spot on right now, and at this point in time I think she will be beating the black heifer, although the black heifer is still awfully good. She's got that beautiful brood cow look to her. Boy I wish she had some more muscle and a tic more bone. I'm surprised at the lack of muscle given she's a limo but then again thats what happens when you go black for angus wannabees. The mickey heifer has got the beautiful muscle and bone but I wonder if her femininity is going to be sacrificed in the future, she's already displaying less softness and femininity from the first pic, and I'd suggest the black heifer would win if you brought them back to the show ring with the second calf at foot.

Latest posts