dun

Reaction score
005.jpg

Thanks dun!

here's his particulars

Sire, Sho Slick Statement, sires sire, Mission Statement
Dam, EZ Jane Maximus, dams sire Bieber Maximus

Dam MPPA 105

CED 6, BW -0.4 88/104, WW 44 617/112, YW 78, Milk 12, TM 34, ME 5, HPG 8, CEM 6, STAY 8

Can't find the second page of the EPD's

Oh forgot, his birthdate is 4/14/11 and at his BSE he was 12 months and had the best results of the lot.

you wont get mad, now will you... if i tell you what i dont like about him,, and call me a waterboy ... cause everybody knows it easier to say ''nice bull"" and shuffle on off :p

ALACOWMAN":149rg4ny said:
you wont get mad, now will you... if i tell you what i dont like about him,, and call me a waterboy :p

Of course I won't.........call you a waterboy :p

Bring it on, I really do want to hear opinions.

I gotta add, I'm off for a bit so can't answer any questions for awhile.

his weak top line the way he falls off at the shoulder's,then seems to roach up to the rear... little post legged , most of the red angus ive seen, are deeper bodied with a little more muscle...

ALACOWMAN":2qz4rriy said:
his weak top line the way he falls off at the shoulder's,then seems to roach up to the rear... little post legged , most of the red angus ive seen, are deeper bodied with a little more muscle...

I noticed that top line deal too. Since I'm really a rookie at this bull dealy is this something that will change as he grows? He is 14 months right now.

That link you posted with that bull. WOW, just WOW!

When you take a profile pic, squat down so that your camera is level with the animal's body (so that you are shooting straight at it, not at an angle). Sometimes the animal looks worse than it actually is when you take a photo shooting down towards the animal.

His topline will probably not improve.
Do you have photos of his parents?

I don't think I'd brag about him or use him a seedstock sire but I've seen the same and worse that worked in commercial herds and the calves bring just as much as everybody elses. I think I'd shy away from keeping heifers out of him.

I've seen allot worse posted on here. He is not perfect by any stretch but he will get you started. Like CP says I would be leery about retaining any heifers but since you have him use him as a terminal bull and learn from him. There are allot of commercial herds around here that have lesser quality bulls breeding them.

Probably a dumb question but on this bull's topline how do you know it's not the way he's standing to make it look like his back is sagging? My bulls backs are straight but I've seen them in a stance where their backs look like this bull in the picture.

What I like most about him, plenty of length. Don't like his topline/heart girth. Looks like he is deeper in the flank than he is up front. But, it might just be the picture. Like Chippie said, drop down on one knee or squat when you take their picture.

unless yer planning on selling or keeping a bunch of them to improve yer herd or the breed he'll do..

all hes gotta do is make babies for ya tho haul off for a living right..if he can do that then youll be fine...

my buddy sells purebred brahmans...hes sold 15000$ hiefers...national champs..he culls the best ive ever seen...hes got a different purpose....

Thanks for the responses. I do just commercial sales, so I'm okay with the topline in regards to that. BUT I had so hoped to get some females out of a couple of cows who are great mothers. Oh well, this is my first owned bull and so I guess I learned a lesson. Thanks again for the replies.

Latest posts