Calving season 2022 has begun

Help Support CattleToday:

@gizmom that is sooo great. Good for you, letting her take this project on and great for her completing it - with a strong finish to the project. Will she keep showing her next year? Bred heifer - woohoo!! Then the next year - cow/calf. Perpetual motion!!!!
I sure hope so she is already planning for next year I just wish her sister was as interested but she could take it or leave it at this point.

View attachment 22672
i am going to interrupt calving season to give the granddaughter a
shout out. She wanted to halter break a heifer all by herself. We had a cow stifle after putting embryos in we penned her up close to hopefully be able to salvage the ET calf. When it was a heifer I told her daddy that is the perfect way to allow her to break it herself, I couldn't put the cow out with others first heat and she gets mounted would be the end for her. It couldn't have worked out any better she has done a great job with the calf, she stood Grand Champion Angus Heifer at the Pensacola Interstate fair!

View attachment 22673
Showing cattle is hard work! Congratulations to her! I'm sure the whole family supports her.

My grandson near Lubbock has been showing for a couple of years now but he is only 10 right now. He has a lot of help because his uncle grew up showing cattle and now trades in show cattle calves. He also developed and sells a probiotics brand called "ShowBiotics" and "Yeti Sauce".

View attachment 22672
i am going to interrupt calving season to give the granddaughter a
shout out. She wanted to halter break a heifer all by herself. We had a cow stifle after putting embryos in we penned her up close to hopefully be able to salvage the ET calf. When it was a heifer I told her daddy that is the perfect way to allow her to break it herself, I couldn't put the cow out with others first heat and she gets mounted would be the end for her. It couldn't have worked out any better she has done a great job with the calf, she stood Grand Champion Angus Heifer at the Pensacola Interstate fair!

View attachment 22673
Congrats ! Mighty pretty and the heifer is nice too !

Latest posts